Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The NEW £60million Falmer Stadium

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
that is what I am thinking too, but god forbid this should get rejected, there will just be a big muddy hole left, if we did start in december before knowing the result of the hearing

but its a Catch22, dont start clearing and we wont finish until past the 2010 date....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Are we? Where did you get this little inside nugget of information from?

..the continual delays in announcing the financial partner and the side-stepping of any questions regarding finances make me think this. Last I heard he is hoping he can announce something by the end of the year. If the club were not struggling surely something would have been announced by now.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
eerr why sidestep? its obvious to my 2year old mates son that inflation will cause rises in cost & materials increase in price :shootself

It's not WHY costs have gone up that's the concern...

I just find it suspicious hat
a) Nobody has a CLUE how the club are going to raise 50 million when they've not got £5 at the moment
b) NO mention from Perry of how the EXTRA £10 million will be raised.

But yes, feel free to shoot me down for being just a LITTLE concerned about the fact that a skint club now has to raise £60 million quid!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Did he specifically mention UEFA specifying the need for this?

No, I was being sarcastic. He banged on about how there is now a need for bigger spaces for punters due to safety....but unveiled loads more office space.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003

a) Nobody has a CLUE how the club are going to raise 50 million when they've not got £5 at the moment

But yes, feel free to shoot me down for being just a LITTLE concerned about the fact that a skint club now has to raise £60 million quid!

in answer to:

a) - you know the clubs financial details do you? we dont have a clue no...because we dont work for the Club in this manner!
b) - I presume the same way other monies are being raised, its not as if he's gonna start a charity or or Change Collection is it!?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
..the continual delays in announcing the financial partner and the side-stepping of any questions regarding finances make me think this. Last I heard he is hoping he can announce something by the end of the year. If the club were not struggling surely something would have been announced by now.

I assume you haven't been paying attention these past few weeks and months.

The 'delay' in announcing a financial partner is because we don't know exactly how much the stadium is going to cost - it has now been made public it will be in the region of £60m.

However, seeing as the construction company to build has not been identified yet (it's one of two), and because of this, a final figure has not been arrived at, don't you think it a bit premature to announce a financial partner, when (a) the final figure has not been arrived at meaning that until then (b) the financial package cannot be finalised, let alone say who it is going to be with.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

So because nobody (outside the club) has a clue, you're suspicious?

Has it not occured to you that maybe - just maybe - the club has this stuff in hand? No?

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I think we can start excuvating the land in december whatever happens, I would imagine with all the mud and chalk they have to remove that will take months. The detailed application will have to be approved before they actually start building anything. That is of course based on no knowledge at all, just what I've read on here.

I think it says either on the club site or Insider's reply on ask the club that we'll be able to start in December because the first bit that needs to be done is to the road - and that's all been approved and everything and won't change. Presumably the actual stadium then was never actually meant to be started in December, but the works that go with it were...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I assume you haven't been paying attention these past few weeks and months.

The 'delay' in announcing a financial partner is because we don't know exactly how much the stadium is going to cost - it has now been made public it will be in the region of £60m.

However, seeing as the construction company to build has not been identified yet (it's one of two), and because of this, a final figure has not been arrived at, don't you think it a bit premature to announce a financial partner, when (a) the final figure has not been arrived at meaning that until then (b) the financial package cannot be finalised, let alone say who it is going to be with.

Given the club are on the verge of announcing a construction partner I would imagine they have an idea about how much stadium scenarios will cost for a while now. In fact they have made statements today about possible costs. Given this info I would expect an agreement in principle to have been reached and announced by now.

This coupled with virtually every major new-build project in the country being put on hold I am worried...and I have reason to be worried I think.

If anyone on here thought that Cuttress, FPC and the Southdowns blah blah group, would sit back and let it go should take off the Yorkie glasses, they probably all have 9am appiontments with there lawyers tomorrow.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
If anyone on here thought that Cuttress, FPC and the Southdowns blah blah group, would sit back and let it go should take off the Yorkie glasses, they probably all have 9am appiontments with there lawyers tomorrow.

I am a bit more reassured now I've seen the clubs announcement and I don't suppose that Cuntress and the Society of South Down Sheepshaggers have got any more money than they had when they decided not to appeal last summer.

But I do not feel guilty about reacting the way I did this morning. The Argus report certainly gave the impression that this was a lot more different than the application we were expecting. We are all so uptight about this business because of how long its taken and the pitfalls that have happened along the way you can't blame people for reacting the way they did.

I am still not sure about this application getting the easy ride Martin P thinks its going to get though.....

I am a bit more reassured now I've seen the clubs announcement and I don't suppose that Cuntress and the Society of South Down Sheepshaggers have got any more money than they had when they decided not to appeal last summer.

But I do not feel guilty about reacting the way I did this morning. The Argus report certainly gave the impression that this was a lot more different than the application we were expecting. We are all so uptight about this business because of how long its taken and the pitfalls that have happened along the way you can't blame people for reacting the way they did.

I am still not sure about this application getting the easy ride Martin P thinks its going to get though.....

I agree, but we will have to accept that Cuttress and Co will now be given it one last shot, I really hope they fail, but it is squeaky bum time again.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
So because nobody (outside the club) has a clue, you're suspicious?

Has it not occured to you that maybe - just maybe - the club has this stuff in hand? No?

Moron.

I'm speculating - yes, it's quite possible that all will end well. I'm not ruling that out.

But realistically, and as far as evidence tells us - can we afford Falmer? NO. Would we have found at this news had it not been leaked in the Argus? NO.

Starting to build a stadium in December that we might not get approval for until January? Even 'lickers' (for want of a better word) should surely see that this is more than likely positive PR in order to keep the few remaining fans at Withdean on side.

Were the club trying to keep this quiet - probably. Why? Who knows!

You'd be a FOOL to think it is DEFINITELY going to happen.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Moron.

I'm speculating - yes, it's quite possible that all will end well. I'm not ruling that out.

But realistically, and as far as evidence tells us - can we afford Falmer? NO. Would we have found at this news had it not been leaked in the Argus? NO.

Starting to build a stadium in December that we might not get approval for until January? Even 'lickers' (for want of a better word) should surely see that this is more than likely positive PR in order to keep the few remaining fans at Withdean on side.

The club have kept nothing silent.

The increase in costs was reported back on the club website in November LAST YEAR

Perry told everyone at Hove Town Hall that changes were going to be made due to changes in leglisation etc.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If FPC and LDC are thinking of objections they should be told quite brutally that the club will be seeking full costs in any legal action. Outline planning permission has been granted and the re-design details were brought up in February. Since the original plans , various regulations have come into effect such as disabled access , health and safety etc. The current projected cost is £60M presumably if we have it with tubular arches nearer to £70M and it wont blend in. Just build the f***ing thing , the capacity can be increased later on. Is the overall size increase down to the fact that bigger seats are needed as 50% of the population will be classed as obese by 2012 ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It doesn't help either with people rumour mongering on 606 about delays . Is this where the Arsegas got their "info" from initially to print this non-story ?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Moron.

Moron yourself.

Are you part of the stadium team? No. So who are the f*** are you to say that we can't afford Falmer?

Would you have found this stuff out but for the Argus? Yes, we have already been told his stuff. You and me and everyone else. This is not news.

Bollocks to you if you all you can do is spout abuse purely because you can't be bothered to keep up to speed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here