Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The NEW £60million Falmer Stadium

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Perhaps, as dear Norman is always crapping on about the need for better flood defences in the Lewes area, we could assist, by offering them some of these thousands of tonnes of excavated material from the Falmer site?

I for one will happily drive a few carloads of soil and chalk over the boundary to Lewes, and dump it in a 50ft high pile on the Malling playing fields, as I'm sure will others.

That way the Falmer fields get to stay beautiful, which I know was a concern of Norman's, and the residents of the Ouse Valley no longer have to worry about the effects of the river next winter...in fact they won't even be able to see it.

:thumbsup:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
i cant believe some people are saying they'd be "happy" with a stadium like Colchester.. what the f***?

so we've waited 10-12 yrears and we end up with something like that... have a bit of pride in your team... :)

So you'll be chipping in the difference then.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Perhaps, as dear Norman is always crapping on about the need for better flood defences in the Lewes area, we could assist, by offering them some of these thousands of tonnes of excavated material from the Falmer site?

I for one will happily drive a few carloads of soil and chalk over the boundary to Lewes, and dump it in a 50ft high pile on the Malling playing fields, as I'm sure will others.

That way the Falmer fields get to stay beautiful, which I know was a concern of Norman's, and the residents of the Ouse Valley no longer have to worry about the effects of the river next winter...in fact they won't even be able to see it.

:thumbsup:

Top idea :)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just spoken to someone from Brighton and Hove council who is working closely with the Albion.

In short the Argus story is just a sensationlist story about facts they have known about for ages. It won't change the look and feel of the stadium, a lot of the changes are actually MORE environmentally friendly, and there will not be any risk of the changes getting turned down. In short stadium should still be set for 2010 and there is absolutely no need to panic.

Phew.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I really can't see work starting in December however I hope the club know what they are doing.

Jimmy Grimble

If the stadium did end up looking more ugly I wouldnt be that bothered. Ugly stadiums tend to have more intimidating atmospheres.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
nov14i.jpg
05decr.jpg

"Baker started to regret his previous jibes at Brighton & Hove Albion's expense once he looked out of his back window and realised the extent of Lewes's new flood defences"

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
How many more times will the Argus print bollocks just to wind both us and LDC/FPC up in the hope of further confrontation. :tosser:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Just spoken to someone from Brighton and Hove council who is working closely with the Albion.

In short the Argus story is just a sensationlist story about facts they have known about for ages. It won't change the look and feel of the stadium, a lot of the changes are actually MORE environmentally friendly, and there will not be any risk of the changes getting turned down. In short stadium should still be set for 2010 and there is absolutely no need to panic.

Phew.
That's all I need to hear. Can we just delete the first 7 pages of this thread to prevent further panic?

Jimmy Grimble

Kenilworth Road

London Road

The Goldstone

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here