The NEW £60million Falmer Stadium

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For those that haven't seen it. I believe this is Colchester's new ground

latestcu.jpg

A hell of a lot better than this though.......

36.jpg

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I am not sure about this. If I got planning permission to build a house in a Cotswold Village in that nice orangey-stone and thatch much used in the area, and then tried to slap something up with the same dimensions but in red brick and with loads of white UPVC because I couldn't afford nice wooden sash windows any more I think I might run into problems!!

Isn't it the same principle here?

You are talking about the detailed planning permission, we don't have that for the stadium yet, all we have is permission to build a stadium with a certain capacity and that has certain planning restrictions on it.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
You are talking about the detailed planning permission, we don't have that for the stadium yet, all we have is permission to build a stadium with a certain capacity and that has certain planning restrictions on it.

None of which, unless I am mistaken, mention the grass bank.

At the moment, bearing in mind what has been placed in the public domain already, I'm struggling to see what the big problem is here.

:shrug:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I have asked the mods to change the thread title to remove the 30,000 seats bit as the Argus got in touch with me to say that it is wrong and the sub editors got it wrong and I mis-read the article. I was just shocked into writing what i did first thing on a monday morning

Apologies to everyone x x

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I have asked the mods to change the thread title to remove the 30,000 seats bit as the Argus got in touch with me to say that it is wrong and the sub editors got it wrong

MENDOZA OUT!! :rant:

I have asked the mods to change the thread title to remove the 30,000 seats bit as the Argus got in touch with me to say that it is wrong and the sub editors got it wrong

Arsegas exclusive-HOLD THE FRONT PAGE. oops! Too late.

So the printed edition's story is wrong? What a useless frigging rag it is if they are wrong-let's hope that later editions (or tomorrow's) carries the proper story.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Is it? So who are the quotes from in the story then?

There's one quote from Martin Perry. Do you not think with news of this apparent magnitude, that the club should maybe try and tell the fans rather than them having to hear through the local paper and getting rather concerned as a result?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Don't know about this exactly, but there is an extra building outside the stadium 'the Teletubbies Stand', which was not part of the original plans. That will account for a fair whack of the extra land. Don't know if it accounts for an extra 9,000 sq.m. though.

I assume a cost-cutting measure, but it's not integral to the stadium design - more an aesthetic thing. Could be made of wool for all I care.

This was mentioned at Hove Town Hall months ago.

This was also mentioned at Hove Town Hall months ago. LDC don't actually have any objections over this.

This is tied in with the Teletubbies Stand development.

A tad concerned with one or two aspects of it, but most of this is in the public domain already. Concerned, but not too much, unless there is something not being said as a result of all this.

Oh, and Baker - belt the f*** up, you shit-stirring cretin.

That's a good point about the Teletubbies building, I forgot about that. That will be the extra space for City college that is mentioned.

Does anyone get the feeling that the Argus is being a bit sensationalist here.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I wouldn't be surprised if the Argus story is inaccurate in some respects and we badly need a statement from Perry now.

A lot of what is mentioned in the article we knew already other than the suggested increase in size which is confusing if it doesn't increase the capacity.

Club statement badly needed. and get a roof on the South Stand, we may be there a while yet!!!!!

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
None of which, unless I am mistaken, mention the grass bank.

At the moment, bearing in mind what has been placed in the public domain already, I'm struggling to see what the big problem is here.

:shrug:

Can't agree with you there.

Like it or not, thousands of people objected to the stadium. Especially because it fringes the downs. Part of overcoming that objection was a design which makes it as unobtrusive as possible.

Now that we need a cheaper and more intrusive option, objectors will see another chance to try and torpedo the project. And they will claim that is is much more of a blight than the original plan.

I hope they fail of course but I don't think we can just shrug this off.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
There's one quote from Martin Perry. Do you not think with news of this apparent magnitude, that the club should maybe try and tell the fans rather than them having to hear through the local paper and getting rather concerned as a result?

Well they've fed the story to the Argus and included quotes. What else do you want to know?

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Can't agree with you there.

Like it or not, thousands of people objected to the stadium. Especially because it fringes the downs. Part of overcoming that objection was a design which makes it as unobtrusive as possible.

Now that we need a cheaper and more intrusive option, objectors will see another chance to try and torpedo the project. And they will claim that is is much more of a blight than the original plan.

I hope they fail of course but I don't think we can just shrug this off.

Exactly. And unfortunately if the (unts hadn't objected in the first place we would already be in our new stadium and it would probably be half paid for!

As someone else has said, it would be great (as much as i'd obviously still rather it did look pretty) if we could just build a fuckin ugly great thing and say 'that'll learn for for protesting', but I know that's not possible

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports