Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The NEW £60million Falmer Stadium

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I am going to place my blind faith in Martin Perry for this one...

...I don't know why, but I have a feeling that this article may be a bit of good old argus over-hyping what is in fact a pretty small story. I await the club's response.
How can completely redesigning the stadium and submitting a whole new planning application be small?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am going to place my blind faith in Martin Perry for this one...

...I don't know why, but I have a feeling that this article may be a bit of good old argus over-hyping what is in fact a pretty small story. I await the club's response.

Pretty small story ???

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
How can completely redesigning the stadium and submitting a whole new planning application be small?

It isn't (should have made myself clearer).

My point was how can the argus be trusted... they have been wrong or over-reacted to misinformation far too many times to be trusted.

I would prefer to hear it from a better source.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Whatever way you slice it , its big news. LDC are dusting off their objection papers as we speak no doubt. I can guarantee Baker with be spouting off on the local media before the suns gone down.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
As long as it gets built I couldn't give a shit if it looks like a giant spaceship has landed overnight!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
As long as it gets built I couldn't give a shit if it looks like a giant spaceship has landed overnight!

No but lots of the objectors may have something to say about it.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Further proof that Norman Baker is a complete and utter wanker though:-

Quote 1 from the Argus:-

"Plans for offices under the East Stand to be let to businesses replaced with more teaching space for City College"

Quote 2 from the Argus:-

Lewes MP Norman Baker, who also opposed the stadium, said: “There was always a fear among my constituents that the club would be unable to fund the scheme and would have to come back for more commercial space to sell. That now appears to be the case."

Which appears to be the exact OPPOSITE; i.e. its now less business space and more for the college. Don't let the truth get in the way of a good quote will you Baker!!

Mind you, I still think we are pretty much buggered for at least another 10 years now!!

God, I'm depressed

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I'm not normally a pessimistic person but i'm starting to have serious doubt's that the club can actually get this stadium built.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
It isn't (should have made myself clearer).

My point was how can the argus be trusted... they have been wrong or over-reacted to misinformation far too many times to be trusted.

I would prefer to hear it from a better source.
In this case the facts seem fairly clear, enough to speak for themselves.

Also the writer is a fan, if that makes any difference.

mongoose

Jul 24, 2007
Struggling to take this in really. Its a completely different structure. How can it not be called in.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
In this case the facts seem fairly clear, enough to speak for themselves.

Also the writer is a fan, if that makes any difference.

Fair enough... I am now officially worried then!

Where is Lord Bracknall (sp?) when you need him!?

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Struggling to take this in really. Its a completely different structure. How can it not be called in.

Exactly. We've been given permission for the stadium in its original form. Surely this new, huge design requires new permission, and allows all the old objectors to come out of the woodwork again?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Exactly. We've been given permission for the stadium in its original form. Surely this new, huge design requires new permission, and allows all the old objectors to come out of the woodwork again?

I would think so but you can bet they will be scanning this thread so I do not want to say anything that will plan into their hands. I think it is best to lay low until we know exactly what the f*** is going on.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I`m sure the club`s appeasers will be on here within the next couple of hours telling us that they are privvy to certain information and that we must not listen to the scaremongerers and start panicking.

Meanwhile.................. permission to panic, Capt Mainwaring.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here