Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The natural order is restored in north London.

Bodular

Jul 9, 2012
Perfectly entitled to. Others of us either because of Albion/Spurs links (Bobby Smith/Joe Kinnear/Alan Mullery/Tank/Gus/Tano), family or other reasons do have an interest.

Nothing wrong in following 2 clubs, I'm sure the die hards will disagree but f*** em !!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
As a football fan I find the ebb and flow of dominance of these rivalries very interesting. For the first time since 1970 there is a chance that Spurs, Man City and Everton may be able to be the dominant team in their city all at the same time. Granted that Utd have responded this season to City's title but in all 3 places there's real competition for bragging rights.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Pre-Redknappp, how many Sussex based plastic Spurs fans were known to each of us? One or two max, who tended to keep it fairly quiet for obvious reasons (40 years of hurt).

No doubt a few more tops will appear in Brighton's parks now with Bale on the back, following in the bandwagon tradition of Chelski post-Roman.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
As a football fan I find the ebb and flow of dominance of these rivalries very interesting. For the first time since 1970 there is a chance that Spurs, Man City and Everton may be able to be the dominant team in their city all at the same time. Granted that Utd have responded this season to City's title but in all 3 places there's real competition for bragging rights.

Long term, Manure will be greater than ManC, but the rivalry is better matched now. FFP already hitting ManC eg lack of big buys last summer.
LFC will always be bigger in all ways over Everton, although the brilliant Moyes may edge them for a Thursday-Cup place this season.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Everton never seem to attract the big investor yet never get relegated, always finish top half, have great support, good manager and some good players. If they had an owner with even a bit of money I could see them giving Liverpool a right run for their money.

Dandyman

In London village.
Pre-Redknappp, how many Sussex based plastic Spurs fans were known to each of us? One or two max, who tended to keep it fairly quiet for obvious reasons (40 years of hurt).

No doubt a few more tops will appear in Brighton's parks now with Bale on the back, following in the bandwagon tradition of Chelski post-Roman.

Not sure it that is aimed at me but I live about 4 miles from WHL and was born in north London. My family moved to Sussex when I was a toddler and thus I have Spurs as my "other" club.

Dandyman

In London village.
Good having 2 teams.
During Spuds wilderness decades, you could always fall back on your local team.

Given that Spurs have won silverware in every decade since the end of the War, not sure how that works. Whatever differences I may have with BensGrandad it's also fairly obvious that he has supported the Albion for longer than some people on here have been on the planet.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
"We're Tottenham Hotspur and we beat the Arsenal, Tottenham Hotspur and we beat the Arsenal, in the Norff Landun Cup they woz only runners up, We're Tottenham Hotspur and we beat the Arsenal.....etc."

Still, Arsenal won on aggregate 6-4 this season. The OP's post reminds me of Albion fans saying we are a bigger club than Crystal Palace because we finished above them for the first time since 1985 last season.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Not sure it that is aimed at me but I live about 4 miles from WHL and was born in north London. My family moved to Sussex when I was a toddler and thus I have Spurs as my "other" club.

I was slightly confused this afternoon whilst painting my fence and listening to commentary on the radiogram. It referred to both teams "illustrious past". Could you enlighten me ? Did it refer to Spurs flirtation with the hit parade assisted by Chas and Dave ?

Dandyman

In London village.
I was slightly confused this afternoon whilst painting my fence and listening to commentary on the radiogram. It referred to both teams "illustrious past". Could you enlighten me ? Did it refer to Spurs flirtation with the hit parade assisted by Chas and Dave ?

:wink: Did n't we meet in a field to the rave version of Snooker Loopy ?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Could we have a run-down of the Spurs cup final songs, Dandyman?

'Ossie's Dream' and 'Hot Shot Tottenham', I remember. And the others?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Never understood this 2nd team crap. Brighton are my team and that is it. SIMPLE.

You never know what life will throw up and a team you really couldn't care less about could become important by association to someone in your life you care enough about to take an interest.

Then she breaks your heart and you go back to not giving a shit about her dingy little town and its circus of a football club.

Or so a friend told me.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
A decade without a major trophy is nothing. Plenty of clubs go through this. Even Chelsea and Manchester City. Arsenal have done so before and will do so again.

But Arsenal have no excuse. City and Chelsea went for years without trophies or titles. Arsenal have had good teams and trophy successes for many years, the pinnacle being 'the invincibles'. They really have no excuse for this abject failure. If I was a gooner, I'd be seriously pissed off by now.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
White guy (Bale) abused with banana thrown onto pitch from Arsenal fans. You couldn't make it up John Barnes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here