Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The mystery midget Huddersfield sub last Saturday

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Jamie Ward has got to be close to being our shortest opponent in recent years surely? Good player but tiny!

BangaloreGull

Jun 18, 2011
Burgess Hill
Bryan Flynn played against us many years ago. When he was warming up I was in the terrace in front of west stand at the Goldstone. Shouted out "hey look, the mascot is warming up". He stopped look straight at me and told me to F*** Off. I was quite shocked given I think I was about 12 at the time. I guess I should give if I can't take!

My recollection is that he was 5ft 3 1/2

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
How tall is Sammy Lee? He must be a contender, I remember him being very, very small and I know he played in the semi-final game.

I nearly ran over Sammy Lee last week in Winchester - or rather I could have done if I'd really wanted to. I'll always remember how he forsook us for Southampton.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Santi Cazorla is only about 5'4" I think, as was Alan Wright, who played for Blackburn & Villa in the 1990s. Decent players, both of them.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Speaking of Huddersfield players with unusual physical characteristics, I remember when we played them at the Goldstone years back, seeing a photo of this fellow in the programme.

They are huge, aren't they? :ohmy:

01AS-U1SE.jpg

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Can't believe Leon Knight is 5'5 1/2" I thought he was smaller. Remember a match at Rotherham when one of their defenders took advantage of the ref's back being turned by picking him up and chucking him on the floor. He went mental, it was very funny.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here