The must-have albums of 2013

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Machinedrum - Vapor City streaming

http://pitchfork.com/advance/231-vapor-city/

Obviously minus points for the spelling. In retrospect 2011's Room(s) by Machinedrum is one of the most important electronic records of recent times, having been voted album of the year by ubiquitous electronic music website Resident Advisor. I have very, high hopes for this it's long awaited follow up.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Just brought Repave by Volcano Choir which is fronted by Justin Vernon from Bon Iver. Very enjoyable on first listen, not a huge departure from the aforementioned band.

Not so taken with the new Washed Out album, certainly not as good as the EP and Within Without.

I take it back about the Washed Out album after a few more plays it's actually very good, will be going to watch them at the Concorde 2 on the 23/10.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Just brought Repave by Volcano Choir which is fronted by Justin Vernon from Bon Iver. Very enjoyable on first listen, not a huge departure from the aforementioned band.

I remember being very keen on the first Volcano Choir record, haven't given this one much of a go yet. Thanks for the reminder.

I bought this last week, still not opened it yet as I've bought too much recently. I really enjoyed the previous album.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Has anyone got 65 Days of Static new album? Would be interested in any mini reviews. Not heard any of it yet.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Just taken delivery today of the new K-Ci & JoJo Album - My Brothers Keeper, have given it a good listen too and seriously a fantastic R'n'B album, Real music, not like this modern crap out at the moment. Recommended.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I take it back about the Washed Out album after a few more plays it's actually very good, will be going to watch them at the Concorde 2 on the 23/10.

Yeah I like Washed Out and I hear this new album is quite the grower. I'm tempted to go see him at Concorde, but as with all these sort of things I'm not sure what I'm actually going to see if I go. Went to **** Buttons last week and they were really good, wonder if Washed Out can make the transition live.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Yeah I like Washed Out and I hear this new album is quite the grower. I'm tempted to go see him at Concorde, but as with all these sort of things I'm not sure what I'm actually going to see if I go. Went to **** Buttons last week and they were really good, wonder if Washed Out can make the transition live.

I saw them in the Brudenell Social Club in Leeds whilst working up there, they were excellent live and finished with a cracking cover of Wicked Game by Chris Isaak, for the money well worth going along.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I've listened to the Julianna Barwick album twice today and whether it's because I've just watched the final episode of Breaking Bad and in a reflective type of mood the album is tremendous and well worth buying if you're into Sigur Ros or artists of that ilk.

Oct 2, 2008
Out 7th October.....new Prefab Sprout album , "Crimson Red". By all accounts its effectively a Paddy Mcaloon solo album. Reviews look good and its a must have for me.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
the Arctic Monkeys AM vinyl finally came in yesterday - listened to it twice so far and I'm thinking it will probably be a grower, not overwhelmed as yet and I'm more likely to put the awesome Elvis Costello & The Roots effort on for yet another spin when I get home tonight frankly....

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
the Arctic Monkeys AM vinyl finally came in yesterday - listened to it twice so far and I'm thinking it will probably be a grower, not overwhelmed as yet and I'm more likely to put the awesome Elvis Costello & The Roots effort on for yet another spin when I get home tonight frankly....

Persevere it's a great album, probably their best ever. I've been listening to the new National album a lot recently, for me along with Daft Punk my album of the year so far.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports