The must-have albums of 2013

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Anyone got the new Jahmene Douglas album yet ?

Jul 7, 2003
Hey! Hello! - the latest group to feature Ginger Wildheart is worth a listen. The best way to describe it is like a 'pop rock' Wildhearts album with some really good fun summer tracks on there. Waiting for the new Michael Monroe album to come out in a couple of weeks as that is also meant to be quite good.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Is it me or is there a lack of decent new records about at the moment? Or is it just a summer thing? Came here looking for recommendations and there has been just a few since my last. Will check out Barbarossa, thanks @Buzzer

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
Melt Yourself Down by Melt Yourself Down. Album of the year so far for me. Full on stripped down jazz punk influenced outfit in the vein of the Neneh Cherry's The Cherry Thing or Rip Rig and Panic if anyone remembers them.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Melt Yourself Down by Melt Yourself Down. Album of the year so far for me. Full on stripped down jazz punk influenced outfit in the vein of the Neneh Cherry's The Cherry Thing or Rip Rig and Panic if anyone remembers them.

They were amazing at the Komdia Studio (c.100 people) earlier in the year. The album was a little bit of a let down for me, a bit too much filler, given the songs I'd heard prior to its release were all belters.

Rip, Rig & Panic! good man. Are you a fan of The Pop Group or any of the other On U Sound stuff? On U might just be my favourite record label of all time!

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
Big on U Sound fan. Tackhead, Gary Clail, Dub Syndicate. Remember an incredible ON U Sound gig in early 90's at the old Top Rank with Jah Wobble playing.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Big on U Sound fan. Tackhead, Gary Clail, Dub Syndicate. Remember an incredible ON U Sound gig in early 90's at the old Top Rank with Jah Wobble playing.

Love Adrian Sherwood me. I think he's one of the British underground's under appreciated geniuses.

As an On -U man, you must hear an album called 936 by Peaking Lights. I attach a Sherwood remix of one of the tracks for your listening pleasure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbTqXoqmPvg

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Is it me or is there a lack of decent new records about at the moment? Or is it just a summer thing? Came here looking for recommendations and there has been just a few since my last. Will check out Barbarossa, thanks @Buzzer

You could do an awful lot worse than Southy's reccomendation in the post below yours - well worth a listen.

New releases are normnally quiet until the end of the festival season - it gives us a chance to catch up!

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Not a new album, granted, but AMAZING news nonetheless. The webstore for Cardiacs (possibly the most heinously underrated British band of the last 20 years or so) is re-opening at midnight tonight. Unfortunately they are extremely unlikely to ever release any more music due to main man Tim Smith being incapacitated by heart attacks and a stroke.

http://thequietus.com/articles/13101-cardiacs-reopen-online-store-benefit-concert

For the unitiated "A Little Man and a House and the Whole World Window" is the best starting place IMHO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports