Daft Punk - Random Access Memories

Pure Bliss - 10.0

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Daft Punk - Random Access Memories

Pure Bliss - 10.0

This album just gets better with every listen. My latest obsession is the drumming on Contact. I looked up the CV of the chap they used for this track....boy has he some pedigree.

As an aside I went for a planned 8 mile run this morning; I put this album on and ended up doing 11.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm not sure it's a must have but I'm enjoying the new Kurt Vile album. I wasn't a fan of the fuggy woozy Smoke Rings album but this is sunny and up-beat which I think suits him, and me, better. It's an album made for warm evenings with a beer in hand.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Off topic slightly but the CD that I have played the most this year is The Best of Elvis Costello. I never realised how good he was the first time around.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Queens of the Stone Age - ...Like Clockwork - threatening to usurp Random Access Memories as my favourite album of the year. It's really, really good.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Queens of the Stone Age - ...Like Clockwork - threatening to usurp Random Access Memories as my favourite album of the year. It's really, really good.

I'm listening to that at the moment, strangely, my first listen. I've got it on loud. Like you say, it sounds good - as immediate as Rated R was.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm listening to that at the moment, strangely, my first listen. I've got it on loud. Like you say, it sounds good - as immediate as Rated R was.

It's interesting - quite a few have noted that there's something inexplicably reminiscent of the early albums about this one. Really good level of songwriting I think, the band is incredibly tight live now too.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
It's interesting - quite a few have noted that there's something inexplicably reminiscent of the early albums about this one. Really good level of songwriting I think, the band is incredibly tight live now too.

Yeah, I'd love to see them do this. I've seen them before, and they were good then. This album sounds great.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Shokazulu's album is just brilliant, Kaidi Tatham at his best

Yes, yes. Thanks for the heads up on this one matey. I'm new to this chap but on the strength of this album I'm going to go back over the rest of his music. Loving it.

One album that I am trying so hard to like and am not feeling at all is the Nick Cave album. Sorry, but there's nothing that excites me on this - although my mates are now all fed up with me mentioning that I got his super deluxe box set today and it included amongst the music a facsimile notebook that Nick C worked from to create the album - lyrics, ideas, cuttings, photos, sketches...all in diary format. For a Nick Cave fan like myself it's a seriously awesome thing to have and for any musician it's a very brave decision to publish seeing as how personal an item it is. I wish more musicians would do this.

war79g.jpg

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder

Have not got this album yet, but will be seeing them at Download this weekend .Should get a long set as second to the headliners .Hopefully a good mix of the new album in amongst the older stuff. Just splashed out on the new utterly brilliant Sabbath album,Rob Zombie and Volbeat , so may have to wait until next month to get it .

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
It's not going to be my favourite album of the year but the Sabbath album is a hugely pleasant suprise. What I'm really impressed by is that I thought it would sound like one of the many Sabbath copyists but it is unmistakeably them from the first minute. For a band that has been ripped off as much as them it is no mean feat.

Best special effects of the year - Ozzy's vocals. Anyone who has seen him live in the last 20 years knows his voice is shot to pieces, yet he sounds great on the record.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here