Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What's the verdict on Daft Punk's RAM then? Is it what we have all been waiting for? The single suggests it is. I shall be getting my copy tonight.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Make that 4!

Maybe it will have a Paul's Boutique type of trajectory and in years to come everyone will claim it's a seminal album and blather on about how they loved it when it came out; I will simply give you a knowing wink.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Mark Kozelek's new album Perils from The Sea with Jimmy Lavalle is up there at the moment as my favourite. Closely followed by John Murry and Kurt Vile's albums.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I'm enjoying the Vampire Weekend album. My kids are enjoying the Vampire Weekend album. We're all happy on a long car ride. Looking forward to Boards of Canada a lot. Deerhunter is disappointing - would have preferred it to be a bit more Lotus Plaza than muddy lo-fi. Bring back Lockett Pundt.

He hasn't left has he? I'm actually liking the new Deerhunter album, a bit of a departure but why not?

Other albums I'm getting into but need more listens are VW, Haxan Cloak, Karl Hyde, Focus Group, Lubomyr Melnyk, and Savages. If Savages was an instrumental album I think I'd love it, but it's not and she gets on my tits.
I can't be arsed with Daft Punk.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Maybe it will have a Paul's Boutique type of trajectory and in years to come everyone will claim it's a seminal album and blather on about how they loved it when it came out; I will simply give you a knowing wink.

Nah. It will be like Moby's 'Animal Rights' album - the one you buy, listen once and say WTF? And ever since you will remember that sh*t album you bought and think: "Moby, you repressed Greenwich Village nob. You owe me big time. I bought that on the basis of the previous album being brilliant and I can't even give it away it's that bad. Next time you want to make a stand against drugs then picket the Ministry of Sound, don't release a thrash metal album that you know no-one will like, arsehat".

I'm not bitter.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Mark Kozelek's new album Perils from The Sea with Jimmy Lavalle is up there at the moment as my favourite. Closely followed by John Murry and Kurt Vile's albums.

:clap: that's some exquisite taste you have there

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
He hasn't left has he? I'm actually liking the new Deerhunter album, a bit of a departure but why not?

Other albums I'm getting into but need more listens are VW, Haxan Cloak, Karl Hyde, Focus Group, Lubomyr Melnyk, and Savages. If Savages was an instrumental album I think I'd love it, but it's not and she gets on my tits.
I can't be arsed with Daft Punk.

Lockett hasn't left, but my favourite track on the album - The Missing - is the only one he wrote on this album. We need more than one or two tracks per album - he should get together with Bradford a bit and they could meld the perfect song. I can't live with Savages vocals either - makes me feel weary - but agree that the backing tracks sound quite good.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Nah. It will be like Moby's 'Animal Rights' album - the one you buy, listen once and say WTF? And ever since you will remember that sh*t album you bought and think: "Moby, you repressed Greenwich Village nob. You owe me big time. I bought that on the basis of the previous album being brilliant and I can't even give it away it's that bad. Next time you want to make a stand against drugs then picket the Ministry of Sound, don't release a thrash metal album that you know no-one will like, arsehat".

I'm not bitter.

More of an "Everything is Wrong" kinda guy. But then it's got Mimi Goese on it

off topic, but there you go

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I'm not bitter.

Oh dear. His stand against drugs didn't last after that album though.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The Depeche Mode album is growing on me...as did the XX's album of late. I've quite enjoyed them and am hoping I get a similar feeling with the latest Nick Cave although I doubt it. It was so underwhelming on the first few listens that I've begun to actively dislike it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Depeche Mode album is growing on me...as did the XX's album of late. I've quite enjoyed them and am hoping I get a similar feeling with the latest Nick Cave although I doubt it. It was so underwhelming on the first few listens that I've begun to actively dislike it.

XX :thumbsup:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
More of an "Everything is Wrong" kinda guy. But then it's got Mimi Goese on it

off topic, but there you go

Exactly. That was a wonderful album. The Animal Rights abhomination was just w@nkiness of the highest order but then again anyone who's read his album sleevenotes will know how precious Moby gets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here