Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The most important debut album in history

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
You are right, my apologises my first Jam Album and had it in mind it was the debut, but your correct In the City 1977 and all Mod Cons 1978, I shall blame age on my confusion. :whistle:

All Mod Cons, great album that it was, was The Jam's third album - This is the Modern World also predated it. I'm not surprised you forgot that one though - it was highly forgettable.

in the sticks

Feb 16, 2014
All Mod Cons, great album that it was, was The Jam's third album - This is the Modern World also predated it. I'm not surprised you forgot that one though - it was highly forgettable.

Again I stand corrected :blush: This is a Modern World was quite forgettable, but I should have checked my facts. Still All Mod Cons is a fantastic album followed closely by Dig the New Breed. Oh the good old days ! Think I have some listening to do........ now where did I put my tape deck

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
The_kids_from_'Fame'.jpg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Belle and Sebastian- Tigermilk

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Appetite For Destruction

Right from the iconic opening riff of Welcome To The Jungle, it set GNR on their way to being one of the biggest bands on the planet.

A ****ing great debut album.

Another vote for Never Mind the Bollocks here. It's and their influence is profound.

Personally it was The Stone Roses that provided a water shed, year 0 moments for me though.

Everybody needs a 303 deserves an honorable mention for ushering in the era of big beat.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Btw......who are Bello and Sabastean

Best you don't go there. But you could try listening to " The State I'm In " from Tigermilk

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Best you don't go there. But you could try listening to " The State I'm In " from Tigermilk

Great band, great album

The Boy with the Arab Strap is in my top 5 songs of all time.

It's got recorder on it too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here