Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The most embarassing result in our history - whats yours.....

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Anytime that Orient have ever beaten us is always pretty embarrasing.
Thankfully, that doesn't happen very often.
I would have to go for the W&H FA Cup game. Embaressing is not the word.

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
hiney said:
For us old bastards it has to be November 28th 1973, Albion 0 Walteon & Hersham 4, followed 3 days later by Albion 2 Bristol Rovers 8.

Great time to be an Albion fan!!!!!!

:(

I remember this. Cloughie never really recovered from this did he? Well, not as Brighton manager anyway.
:shootself

The worst bit about the BR game was that it was on telly.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Reliant said:
Crystal palace 5 brighton 0 :(

Hard to top that one, although I felt pretty low on my way back from Canvey Island after the 2-2. They really should have won it at the end. I think the ground made it feel worse, as it was honestly like we were playing a park team.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Jambo Seagull said:

The worst bit about the BR game was that it was on telly.

I was at that game and although I was only young it was awful. The names Warboys and Bannister have always stuck in my mind - they did most of the damage.

A few years ago I was give one of theose Danny Baker videos for christmas - Right Hammerings it's called. And guess what? The 8-2 stuffing is on there, including regular shots of Clougie sitting forlornly on the bench with his little son Nigel. After that experience, why on earth would Nigel Clough want to come and manage here?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
cheeseroll said:
i noticed that too !

and while you are there Brovian (and with all due respect to the o/t nature of this post within this thread) Brovian, were you with Atilla on the St Pauli concert at Markthalle in about 93 or 94 ? It was a good night, i had along chat with Atilla and an even longer chat with the girl lead singer of one of the bands....
No, I first played Hamburg in 95 but we went there loads of times after that. Played several St Pauli gigs including some 'unplugged; ones in the fan pubs (last pfennig etc).

First time I saw St Pauli play because I don't speak German I spent ages scanning the League table to see where 'Gaste' were. Well that was the name on the scoreboard....

Whoops sorry, nothing to do with this thread, I'll shut up now .....

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
As it's clearly 'hats off to Watford O' day on NSC. I would like to mention that he is sending £50 to REMF :clap: :clap:

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex
I was there :lolol:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
0-3 away defeat to Aldershot in the League Cup when we were in the old Second Division under Chris Cattlin. The trouble is that we were 3-0 up in the first half at the Goldstone with a Danny Wilson hatrick and only won 3-1 by the end. So we went out on aggregate.

I was ill for the Walton & Hersham match. Thank God! I saw the 2-8 defeat (Bristol Rovers had only 8 goal attempts) and the state of our defence in the 4-4 draw with Orient.

There are one or two others that I would not care to repeat.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Apart from last October, the 4-0 "home" defeat by Darlo at Priestfield, pathetic display and I wanted to jack in the long commute to Gillingham after that game.......although I didn't!

Away at Canvey was pretty embarassing also, and nearly got brained by a flying beer bottle outside the ground in the "argy bargy" that followed the game

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We lost to your near-non league outfit in the cup, twatty. It was particularly embarrassing for the blue and white half of the crowd because we let Tony Richards score a hattrick and we all know how useless he was.

(Though I'll admit his equaliser was well taken)

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
Simster said:
We lost to your near-non league outfit in the cup, twatty. It was particularly embarrassing for the blue and white half of the crowd because we let Tony Richards score a hattrick and we all know how useless he was.

(Though I'll admit his equaliser was well taken)

I think at the time you were a lot closer to being 'nearly non league' than we were:salute:

Seagulls over Lewes

Jul 5, 2003
Rodmell
Brentford in the League Cup losing 4 - 1 at G.P

Palace 5 - 0

Kingstonian, Sudbury and Canvey Island away game.

When we lost to Doncaster 3 - 0 in the Bellotti year, Donny weren't good but they showed us up for what we were worth.

Losing 4 - 0 at Vale Park in Barry Lloyds last game as manager when only about 100 brave souls made the journey for a Saturday game.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
as far as thrashings go we dont get many do we.A rare one had to come at the scum though didn't it.:angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here