Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The morning after...

Which was the better moment?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Premier League was nailed on for a while really, good to get over the line but the feeling I had was that there was no chance of not going up that season as it neared the end, just a matter of what game secured it.

Last night was different - huge achievement and against a heavyweight euro team in form too. We dominated with an injury hit, knackered team. Outstanding!

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
For me, Promotion. It felt like the end of one stage and the start of something else. It was the culmination of so many peoples efforst over so many years. The outpouring of simple joy on the pitch after the full time whistle, the memories of who wasnt around any longer to see it, just the sheer emotion will be very hard to top

Last night felt amazing, but it felt like a fantastic moment in a journey that is far from over. The club is possibly on the verge of something so much greater than anything that has come before but we arent there yet. This is a whole new Brighton, the club has entered uncharted, unthinkable waters and the thought of what could realistically happen is just sinking in.

If and when Lewis lifts a trophy, in Dublin, at Wembly then we will surpass the promotion feeling

Last night was historic for the club in many ways, Prem Survival, qualifying for Europe, Topping the group- all magic moments that we will never forget, but none that match that outpouring of emotion when 20 000 fans did not do as the signs asked and " keep off the pitch"

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
As a “moment”, definitely last night. On around 80 minutes I’d just turned to a mate and said its not going to happen is it.

The sheer unbridled joy when Pedro ripped the back of the net was something else. Complete mental bananas scenes.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Last night. Our club's Finest Moment (so far).

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
In terms of the actual moment, last night. Because PL wasn't *technically* confirmed until after the evening game after our Wigan game. Whereas last night was a moment of pure elation at the end of a game that many thought would have, as @Tom Hark Preston Park would say, had nil-nil written all over it.

But in terms of the achievement, I'd say reaching the 'promised land' was a bigger/wider goal for the club at the time. You could tell that as the levels dropped off in the final two games of the Championship season.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Definitely promotion. The pitch invasion and the celebrations afterwards went on a lot longer, and we had actually achieved something at the end of a season. Last night was fantastic, but we're only in to the last 16, we're nowhere near winning anything yet. Last night was comparable to the Southampton game where we qualified for Europe. Both fantastic days, but promotion tops it all.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The topping the group option is pure recency bias. It was great but even if we'd not won, ultimately as fans we'd all be looking forward to an amazing trip to a big club in February. It's not a bad booby prize.

Meanwhile, promotion came after a season of utter heartache and we hadn't been in the top flight for 34 years. It was IMMENSE.

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
Promotion was EPIC, but we should have gone up as Champions.

[David Stockdale, I'm looking at YOU (because you're not exactly hard to miss these days).]

Last night was EPIC, for different reasons. And a fitting testimony to how far we've come.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
PL still for sure, back from the wilderness

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
In terms of the actual moment, last night. Because PL wasn't *technically* confirmed until after the evening game after our Wigan game. Whereas last night was a moment of pure elation at the end of a game that many thought would have, as @Tom Hark Preston Park would say, had nil-nil written all over it.

But in terms of the achievement, I'd say reaching the 'promised land' was a bigger/wider goal for the club at the time. You could tell that as the levels dropped off in the final two games of the Championship season.
Promotion to the EPL meant everything. But this is a new high water mark for the club - and the level is still rising :clap:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Europa League Because I always believed that one day we would get promotion... Could never see us playing in Europe.
Not just topping the group, but the group of death with giants like Ajax & Marseille. Four consecutive games without conceding a goal.

Yes, we got promoted, but as runners up to Newcastle, & we’d been close with Gus & Chris before.

luge

Dec 18, 2010
I get the excitement of the moment last night, but I don't really understand the whole 'best night ever' thing.
Promotion to PL had more riding on it, the win against United last year was more important as we would have been struggling for Europe (plus it really was last chance of the game) etc... whereas last night we were actually already qualified, we just skipped a round... and Marseilles weren't that good.

Bah humbug etc

A win in the R16 Home leg to progress to the QF's tho....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here