Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Metropolitan Police

I've not been back to Palace away since 2002. Not because of the shocking result but the behaviour of the Met that day with the Kettling and the beating of crushed fans with truncheons. We were also charged by an out of control police horse whilst strolling along the road.

Also frogmarched back to the station even though I drove! Met were nasty fighty bastards and I've always felt unconvinced by them ever since. Recent media stories seem to back that up.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I stopped going to Selhurst due to the Met being well over the top. I think revelations in the last few years have proved they need disbanding.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
‘And Brighton and Hove Albion will play.. Livingston’ :lolol:
Probably even worse, New Saints. So we go out after losing a close second leg in... Oswestry. Still, playing such a famous ground will be a wonderful experience for the full away end of 300.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
:lolol: Fair enough.

Yes it might be worse. But knowing Brighton we’ll finally get to Europe and get knocked out of the prelims by some Irish village with three local coppers that all look like Father Ted, having had 30 shots on target.

Today’s policing was Palace away of a good few years ago yet there was no need for it. And I was genuinely worried for my boy and his mates at one point.

We were slowed down in a road near Norwood Junction that hits a crossroads. I can remember going to the same junction and seeing it properly kick off after the game in all four directions. Today was a singing contest

Yeah sure, but you can't predict that in advance.
It was irritating , but Palace games are the only ones likely to see trouble.
I can see why they do it.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I thought they'd turned a corner last year with a much less heavy handed approach- nobody held back, no crush at the station, no problem.

But back to their absolute bollocks yesterday. Very disappointing

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
A two meter gap for us to funnel through at the station, I knew it would end badly, luckily I was at the front right by the gap so I got pushed through the line with my hands in the air. Plenty of people behind me fell over

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I assume that someone will be taking this up with Barber. It needs reporting to the highest level. The Met might listen to him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Perhaps if 'we' cut out the pointless posturing as seen at the start of Ronald's vlog 'we' might have a firmer foundation on which to demand not to be treated like animals.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Speak as you see, after the game the police let three of us straight out, we just said we were walking to Croydon to have a pint. Walked down the Sainsburys end no bother.
I though the whole atmosphere was quite flat, maybe it's time both clubs just treated it like any other game.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Perhaps if 'we' cut out the pointless posturing as seen at the start of Ronald's vlog 'we' might have a firmer foundation on which to demand not to be treated like animals.
Whilst I agree with you about how sad and pathetic this behaviour is, other police forces seem to have grasped the fact that most of us don’t deserve to be treated like animals based on the behaviour of the intellectually challenged few.
The Met are a law unto themselves. Consistently awful in just about every area.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Whilst I agree with you about how sad and pathetic this behaviour is, other police forces seem to have grasped the fact that most of us don’t deserve to be treated like animals based on the behaviour of the intellectually challenged few.
The Met are a law unto themselves. Consistently awful in just about every area.
But 'we' don't behave in such a pathetic manner for the other police forces.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Can't be arsed with the train nonsense for this game. ST coaches drop-off right by the AW, and no being held in afterwards. Straight on the bus and even with crawling traffic out of Shitsville was home just after 7.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We were on the same train and talked to Ronald on the way to the game but didn’t make the “cut” (I have a great face for radio). A lot of that was happening behind us and it was handbags at best. Some singing and a couple of soft objects pointlessly lobbed.

Coming out of the five penalties game there was non stop fighting - proper fighting - in one of the roads next to that one. In the seventies it was scraps in the ground and taking of ends. What goes on today really isn’t that.

I didn’t see one punch thrown all day and the only injuries were one kid who got dazed in our goal bundle and needless hitting with sticks by the old bill. On another day the crush causes serious injury or worse though

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We were on the same train and talked to Ronald on the way to the game but didn’t make the “cut” (I have a great face for radio). A lot of that was happening behind us and it was handbags at best. Some singing and a couple of soft objects pointlessly lobbed.

Coming out of the five penalties game there was non stop fighting - proper fighting - in one of the roads next to that one. In the seventies it was scraps in the ground and taking of ends. What goes on today really isn’t that.

I didn’t see one punch thrown all day and the only injuries were one kid who got dazed in our goal bundle and needless hitting with sticks by the old bill.
Oh absolutely.
We can be fairly sure, by virtue of the mentality of all concerned, that even without a police presence the cowards would have kept themselves apart anyway.

But that ain't going to be how the Met will see it - gawd bless'em for keeping us safe!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
‘We’ also don’t behave like that at other London grounds.
Which is my point.
Granted I have woken up with my contrarian head on today.

We can't complain and poor human error refereeing AND the introduction of VAR.

In the same way as we can't complain about poor behaviour from the Met AND behave anti social morons just because theres lots of us together.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here