Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Men Who Sell Football

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I'm halfway through the video and it is a riveting watch. It shows that the 'fit and proper' test is non-existant while Financial Fair Play is a sham.

The presenters on Sky Sports Transfer Centre were explaining PSG's ability to acquire Messi and line him up alongside Neymar and Mbappe was based on the fact no entity has the financial might or legal resources to take on the state of Qatar to prove they are trashing the rules.

bollocks, UEFA have sheds of money. they lack the inclination and seems football media happy to let them off the hook.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The Men Who Sell Football

That was a brilliant piece of journalism*

Not sure I want to hear the bits left out, El Pres.

Everyone interested in football should watch this.

The Albion are very fortunate.

*The music at the end was also brilliant - a dreampop update of Nantucket Sleighride (theme for Weekend World)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuLHwF5x8ZM

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
bollocks, UEFA have sheds of money. they lack the inclination and seems football media happy to let them off the hook.

This. Keep asking questions till there is one (about identities of ownership and resources) the potential buyer can't answer. Then sling them out. Simple.

This is how my pal who was a forensic social worker decided whether to let out someone from 'hospital' after they were sent there for being 'mad' after committing a murder. Keep them talking and they eventually hang themselves.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I based on the fact no entity has the financial might or legal resources to take on the state of Qatar to prove they are trashing the rules.

Interestingly Al Jeezera, who made this programme, is (I believe) almost entirely funded by the Qatari state.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here