Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The media vs Balotelli

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Every f**king media twat wants to jump down Balotelli's throat. My god i've rarely witnessed such a witch hunt. Im a Brighton fan, doesn't really mean that much to me, but listening to the sensationalist little twats like jamie little gayboy redknapp and gary I am an utter twat neville wetting himself, falling over themselves to blame everything that has gone wrong with man city on balotellis shoulders, sensationalist little pricks, thet should go and work for the sun. I just think it's pathetic

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Balotelli is a plonker, so they are right.
Mancini has shot himself and city in the foot.

Bigtime risers primed for a bigtime fall

No doubting he's a plonker, but blame all their woes on him, all too easy, thats why shit for brains commentators like mr redknappy and mr nevillious, who, to be fair, is not as thick as the car salesman's love child, but equally as influenced by the same bullshit, my god are we really going to have to listen to these pricks for the next 30 years? Hope not brothers

Durlston

"Southgate, you're the one!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Now that Joey Barton seems to have matured, the media will always be out to slaughter someone. It's always been so. But I am getting a bit tired of Mario Balotelli's antics; he says "why always me?" Well if he just stayed out of trouble for a few weeks things might change for him and left alone to concentrate on his football.

Stumpy Tim

Every f**king media twat wants to jump down Balotelli's throat. My god i've rarely witnessed such a witch hunt. Im a Brighton fan, doesn't really mean that much to me, but listening to the sensationalist little twats like jamie little gayboy redknapp and gary I am an utter twat neville wetting himself, falling over themselves to blame everything that has gone wrong with man city on balotellis shoulders, sensationalist little pricks, thet should go and work for the sun. I just think it's pathetic

I think the term "Jamie gayboy Redknapp" is pathetic.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If anyone should be the scapegoat I would have said Mancini

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.

Firstly it isnt a witch hunt. The press are reacting to his actions and reporting what they see and hear. It is not their fault that, for example, Mancini suggests he is going to sell him in the summer. The press report this and you think its their fault. A bit odd. It not the press' fault that he is involved in a car crash, it is reported and you think this is a witch hunt. Again a bit odd.

Secondly many many people, including very well respected sports journalists want to work for the sun. They have very good reporters and writers and constantly win awards for their sports coverage so suggesting that they should work for the sun is actually a compliment to sports commentators.

Lastly the comment 'little gayboy' i find very offensive.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
He is certainly different and the game needs characters but some of his on field antics have been a bit unsavoury. I can imagine he infuriates his team mates on occasions and when even the manager says if he was a teammate he would punch him in the face it's not an ideal situation. He has certainly been a distraction for city and while he was grabbing the headlines for city united have been quietly going about their business. He is not solely to blame Mancini is for the circus and unnecessary focus the tevez and ballotelli situation have been on his club

From an outsiders perspective though the guy is pure theatre!

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Poor old Balotelli.

Obvious hothead (despite cooling barber job).

Now denounced as a witch,a double insult bringing his masculinity into doubt.

Burn it !

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
I always wondered why United never appeared to fight to hang on to Tevez, who in my opinion is world class. Ironically his attitude problem has probably done more to keep United ahead of City than if he had remained at United.

Magicman

Jul 19, 2011
Elm Grove
Mancini was foolish for not taking Ballotelli off at half time yesterday , an accident waiting to happen after some very bad challenges.
I dont know about "walking a tightrope" but it looked to me as if Ballotelli had one on his head !!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wonder quite how looney-toons Mario is?

Perhaps Sir Alex is looking on thoughtfully, in a Cantonaesque move.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
The whole club is a joke and a lot of the blame lies with man management on Mancinis behalf and very childish overpaid footballers ( tevez , balatelli ) once again Mancini has come out and said after 24 hours a player will never play for the club again , he said that about tevez and he's back playing and know balatelli it just seems very unprofessional . Surely a stronger manager would sit down with said players in private and sort a bad attitude out not telling the media " right that's it he's never playing for me again " . The club lacks class and leadership .

Now that Joey Barton seems to have matured, the media will always be out to slaughter someone. It's always been so. But I am getting a bit tired of Mario Balotelli's antics; he says "why always me?" Well if he just stayed out of trouble for a few weeks things might change for him and left alone to concentrate on his football.

Not so sure Barton has essentially changed his spots, but I imagine someone (or enough people) had a good chat with him and it sunk in at last..... at least enough for him to function in the profession.
Agree about Balotelli - a complete head-case, and he stands out for that reason.

Same with the above point re Tevez, the response on his issues has sent a poor message to the other players. Compromising from the club because of a prima-donna throwing his toys? Not good, no matter how expensive or talented.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Can you blame them the first tackle yesterday was nothing but cynical and out to cause injury, i used to love him but lately im thinking the guys nothing but bad for football now, he needs to go i also think he will be lucky to get a new club until he sorts his life out, clearly the guy is a moron of the highest order, you have the potential to be one of the best players in the world but you constantly screw it up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here