Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 'Match Day Experience'

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Nothing to do with you. Nothing Palace to see or read here....Piss off.

Just passing comment, my weedy friend, that's all. Truth hurt's does it?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Free travel is not offered by any other clubs in the League and the club cannot afford to continue to pay for it. They have stated there are alternative free routes still available for all the areas the new Pay Service cover.

Yes but other clubs don't have a transport levy included in the price of the tickets, which increased to £50 this season for STHs.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Not hurt. This is not a Palace thread...Palace have not been mentioned.......you are not a BHA fan and should just jog on back to your own forum.

My original comment could have come from a fan of any club. I happen to support Palace. I am merely passing comment about the difficulties of watching matches at Amex. Would you be so hostile if I supported, say, Barnsley?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I went to Barnet v Chester today to see the first ever game at Britain's newest football stadium - The Hive - and I was mightily impressed. Free coaches and buses were laid on (as the ground is six miles away in Edgware), a ticket office that was quick and efficient, and a stadium with real character (two terraces at either end, a huge main stand and directors/posh seats on the dugout side. The Chester fans were magnificent and brought around 800. Most importantly the match kicked off on time with no problems. The training facilities are Premier League class - every team seems to use them if they play at Wembley or in north London.

Attendance at that game: 2543. It's hardly fair to make comparisons with the transport and ticket office efficiency for a crowd that was 1/10th the size is it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The bloke next to me called a few hours before kick off and said he wasn't going to make it today!
Called a mate who had never been before and said he could use my mates ticket at a cost of £5 for the printing of the ticket only.
At this point imagine the excitement of my mate!
He drove to Woodingdean and parked up and we waited almost 30 mins for a bus before phoning a cab at 2:40 and only then...finally a bus turned up for the driver to start on about the fact buses were no longer free..... Despite the increase in ticket prices last season to cover bus travel...allegedly....and that we couldn't get a bus home as we had to pre-book and only 2 buses booked!
"What?????"
We arrived at 2:45 to find the queue for the ticket office off the scale and made it into the ground at 3:25...just great! Queue full of other season ticket holders whose new tickets didn't work!
Then having to explain that we had to go to the bars at around 10 mins before the end of the first half in order to get a drink as if we didn't we may not get a beer!!!
Then having to book a cab back to Woodingdean as per the Drivers instructions we couldn't get a bus back to Woodingdean after the game in order to get home!!

'Match Day Experience'............it's a fv#*ing shit experience.
No chance of my mate coming again now!

Thanks for nothing Barber!

A post about the match day experience that doesn't even mention the 'match'. Jesus wept.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
My Match Day Experience was ruined by the Half Time Lucky Number announcement, where I was dismayed to find that Nodding Head Alex Ferguson had not been replaced by Nodding Head David Moyes. Barber Out!

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
You paid £5 for an hours football which equates to £7.50 for the game, when you are talking about 25,000 plus crowd in an ideal world you need to get here a lot earlier and one price rise in 2 years is not too shabby.
I suggest you pick a cat c game, get here for 1.30-2.00, plan your journey properly and you will see it in a different light.

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
The bloke next to me called a few hours before kick off and said he wasn't going to make it today!
Called a mate who had never been before and said he could use my mates ticket at a cost of £5 for the printing of the ticket only.
He drove to Woodingdean and parked up and we waited almost 30 mins for a bus before phoning a cab at 2:40 and only then...finally a bus turned up for the driver to start on about the fact buses were no longer free..... Despite the increase in ticket prices last season to cover bus travel...allegedly....and that we couldn't get a bus home as we had to pre-book and only 2 buses booked!
"What?????"
We arrived at 2:45 to find the queue for the ticket office off the scale and made it into the ground at 3:25...just great! Queue full of other season ticket holders whose new tickets didn't work!
Then having to explain that we had to go to the bars at around 10 mins before the end of the first half in order to get a drink as if we didn't we may not get a beer!!!
Then having to book a cab back to Woodingdean as per the Drivers instructions we couldn't get a bus back to Woodingdean after the game in order to get home!!

How is it the clubs fault if you decide to leave stupidly late.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
"What?????"

If your mate drove to woodingdean why not drive to the race course park and ride. It works brilliantly I got to the park and ride at 1.30 was in the ground by 2 pm had a lovely pint and and chicken and chorizo pie.

Thanks me barber!

D

Deleted User X18H

"What?????"

I left my house at 1:10 legged it down The Drove and South Road, saw the 5a just as I got to the Tap, managed to leg it over the road , got on it. As I went to get my lanyard out driver said "" football?" And waved me on the bus. I checked live train times en route , exited bus at Beaconsfield Road, sprinted yes sprinted some of way up Springfield Road , got to Open House just as train pulled in to London Road ( two lads offered me 3/1 I'd make it) got on 8 coach train, was in Juice Lounge with Loz from Juice at 1:40!!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Thanks for proving my point with your awesome sarcasm.

That with only limited time, I tried to get to an event that the organisers 'charged an extra £30 to the season ticket prices' last year especially to cover bus travel arranged.....if I didn't get the new instructions or read them....I'll swallow that.....but doesn't change the fact it was supposed to be covered in the cost of a season ticket! Or whatever to normal ticket!
So that "special" service that we all paid for last season has been dissolved and an extra cost now put in its place! Oh we'll that's ok then!
And that taking over 35 mins to get a ticket is ok as well!
And if it was the largest gathering of people in the uk today I take it by the wording of your post is that you knew that before kick off......if so, can you give me 6 numbers for Tuesday please mate?

Your ticket still covers travel within the zone. Added to which it is not very hard to see we would have one of, if not the largest, gathering of people in the UK by looking at the fixture list. So yes believe it or not I did have the knowledge of that before the game. And no I will not be giving you the numbers for Tuesday because it would be wasted on you as you'd leave it too late to buy a ticket!

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
"What?????"

Wow - bit unfair laying the blame on Barber when really you should have checked about buses, rather than assume.

To level it out, I will state my 'Match Day Experience'.

It all started when I purchased my son's new season ticket months ago, before the season started. The I saw the bus comment about no specials (think in bus website), this was then confirmed on here and from the club - weeks in advance of yesterday. Yes disappointed no S bus as used all the time. So, rather than waiting at the bus stop, I planned to do park & ride. I too had an excited person with me, my 3 year old son. So left a little earlier to get there, look in shop etc. Except result, was an excellent experience.

To be honest, if your mate doesn't go again because you hadn't checked about bus times etc (where you would have seen the lack of specials) then he cannot blame Barber for that. The fact you have posted your moan on NSC, did you not check the numerous threads etc about buses when the removal of specials were announced?

Sorry, I really do sympathise with your day but cant blame club except for ticket not working.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I went to Barnet v Chester today to see the first ever game at Britain's newest football stadium - The Hive - and I was mightily impressed. Free coaches and buses were laid on (as the ground is six miles away in Edgware), a ticket office that was quick and efficient, and a stadium with real character (two terraces at either end, a huge main stand and directors/posh seats on the dugout side. The Chester fans were magnificent and brought around 800. Most importantly the match kicked off on time with no problems. The training facilities are Premier League class - every team seems to use them if they play at Wembley or in north London.

And the amount of people they had to deal with is?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A post about the match day experience that doesn't even mention the 'match'. Jesus wept.

The match itself was hardly worth a mention.
The ticket queue at 2.20 was ridiculous. There was a portacabin labelled Direct Debit only which was obviously there to sort out direct debit problems. This had a fairly lengthy queue but the queue into the ticket office was massive.
The club admitted there had been a problem with it's data base as I know of several pensioners who were reclassed as adults, despite having been pensioners for several years. The wrong direct debits had been taken and new smart cards sent out which had to be replaced again.
The ticketing system has been in place for two years now so should be improving but is getting worse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here