[NSC] The Masters (golf)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Early doors but Sandy Lyle joint leader

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would love to see Sandy roll back the years and win it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Westwood out of it already then, +6. Odd that he changed his caddy from his doris to his son for this tournament. He'd been in great form of late, so why change it ? Sure its a great experience for his lad, but I can't imagine it particularly enhanced Westwoods chances. Unless all his caddies literally do is hump his clubs around for him and polish his balls, with no input whatsoever strategy-wise.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Westwood out of it already then, +6. Odd that he changed his caddy from his doris to his son for this tournament. He'd been in great form of late, so why change it ? Sure its a great experience for his lad, but I can't imagine it particularly enhanced Westwoods chances. Unless all his caddies literally do is hump his clubs around for him and polish his balls, with no input whatsoever strategy-wise.

Many golfers make strange decisions and changes when they are bang in form or even number one.
Faldo was obsessed with changing his swing when he was at his very best others changing their putting style, constantly sacking caddies as the player gets bored with blaming him or her for every mistake made.
Strange animals playing a strange game, always amazes me how a player can be almost unbeatable but then fall away very quickly, Jordan Speith springs to mind but there are or were many others like Vijay Singh.

Jimmy Grimble

Many golfers make strange decisions and changes when they are bang in form or even number one.
Faldo was obsessed with changing his swing when he was at his very best others changing their putting style, constantly sacking caddies as the player gets bored with blaming him or her for every mistake made.
Strange animals playing a strange game, always amazes me how a player can be almost unbeatable but then fall away very quickly, Jordan Speith springs to mind but there are or were many others like Vijay Singh.

Crazy isn’t it.

I guess it’s the ultimate rhythm sport, isn’t it? As much mechanical and technical work as the pros do on their swings, ultimately some days they’ll just go out their and it’ll feel right and other days it won’t.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I would imagine in most cases its that constant striving for improvement, for perfection. The notion that "if you stand still you go backwards".

Westwood taking his son along caddying at The Masters just seems like a bit of a jolly though. And for a man running out of road to win a major, I honestly find that baffling.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
So sad to see DeChambeau so out of form.

:nono:

A joy to watch at his very best and gas the potential to take this course apart.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Lots of Brits and European players at the wrong end of the leaderboard that you would have thought would be near the top.
I like The Masters the course is stunning but apparently the greens are harder and faster than normal.
This I disagree with, the greens are a joke at Augusta because even on the most hardest of courses a good shot should never be punished and that is what happens at Augusta, I know it is the same for every player, unless conditions change during the day, but in my opinion the greens are unfair.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Lots of Brits and European players at the wrong end of the leaderboard that you would have thought would be near the top.
I like The Masters the course is stunning but apparently the greens are harder and faster than normal.
This I disagree with, the greens are a joke at Augusta because even on the most hardest of courses a good shot should never be punished and that is what happens at Augusta, I know it is the same for every player, unless conditions change during the day, but in my opinion the greens are unfair.

Couldn't disagree more. When the greens are like glass at Augusta, it presents a whole new challenge to every golfer. It can quite literally be sink or swim, and I love that. Its what makes The Masters the spectacle that it is.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Don't normally watch much golf but I'm enjoying this but I find the sanitised environment a bit creepy and unnerving, like a David Lynch film.

I expect they trim the magnolias with nail scissors, polish the tree trunks and audition the ducks,

Anyway, well played Justin Rose though. Thought he was looking older than I expected so checked on Wikipedia and found that his brilliant shot from off the green in one of the majors wasn't about 10 years ago ... it was 23 years ago.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Couldn't disagree more. When the greens are like glass at Augusta, it presents a whole new challenge to every golfer. It can quite literally be sink or swim, and I love that. Its what makes The Masters the spectacle that it is.

if the greens are rock hard the ball won't "bite" ......this gives the big hitters , laying up from 80 /100 mrs with a wedge a massive advantage over a player approaching further out with a lower iron ......having said that Rose is off to a flyer and he's not a huge hitter like the Texan wonder kid who is nowhere to be seen , i still fancy Harman to be thereabouts at the end , hit form at the right time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports