Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The magic of the cup

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I'm really, really excited for the Cup this year as we have a genuine chance of making the final; which of course means we'll bloody lose tomorrow.

Absolutely loved the semi-final day against City four years ago. Magical. Imagine if we'd have scored! I want that opportunity again to go to Wembley.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
All very well getting excited about Stoke but what happens when we meet a top 6 away? You have to be lucky in the cup and hope for a good draw all the way and that those big teams get knocked out before we have to face them.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
All very well getting excited about Stoke but what happens when we meet a top 6 away? You have to be lucky in the cup and hope for a good draw all the way and that those big teams get knocked out before we have to face them.
More home games in the Cup would help, if we can get past Stoke. I’d fancy us on our day to beat anyone at the Amex.

Who wins a cup without beating top teams?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Interesting as our away record is much better and we just lost to Fulham at home ;)
Top teams don’t shitehouse like Fulham though, we play better against the top six, home and away. Yes I do realise that Fulham went top six after beating us :lolol:

That game was a proper smash and grab too, these things happen though. We played really well, just misfired in front of goal.

Anyway, being Brighton we’ll probably lose tonight :wink:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
More home games in the Cup would help, if we can get past Stoke. I’d fancy us on our day to beat anyone at the Amex.

Who wins a cup without beating top teams?
Home quarter against any team. Big clubs drawn each other. Just not Grimsby away. Bound to be a TV game at 8 pm.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
We've already knocked out Liverpool. You'd think if we can avoid city or utd in the 1/4s then got to fancy us for another wembley day out

First off need to get past stoke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here