Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Mac

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yep, it will be great to see what he can do with Biss and Moder behind him, Caicedo, Tau, Lamptey making runs around him.

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
I would love to see a midfield 3 of Bissouma, White and Mac Allister on a regular basis. With players like Moder to come in for White if he drops back of Caicedo if he's as good as the hype. Suddenly the midfield looks much more productive with Mac Allister finding is form

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
He looked good today. I think by his own admission the fitness levels required for the PL are much higher than he was used to

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I would love to see a midfield 3 of Bissouma, White and Mac Allister on a regular basis. With players like Moder to come in for White if he drops back of Caicedo if he's as good as the hype. Suddenly the midfield looks much more productive with Mac Allister finding is form

Propper with Biss in the middle for me (with White or Alzate in reserve, if so the former needs to be picked as a CB). Mac Allister further ahead. Then some combination from Maupay, Welbeck, Lallana, Trossard, Tau -- probably in that order.

He added that touch of finesse in the final third that has been missing for so much of this season. Surely that’s a big piece of the jigsaw fallen into place? With more consistent selections by Potter will come some results consistency - let’s see

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I think his best attribute is his vision and speed of thought.

There's been some great moments because he spotted a pass and played it quickly. Off the top of my head from last season - quick pass for Maupay's goal against Arsenal, he played Gross through against Norwich when we were penned in, he did something similar against City this week, the give and go today for our goal was brilliant.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Just like Biss, it was obvious from the moment he joined he has real quality.

I’d always have presumed they had something about them but with Locadia and the like you can’t be sure. AJ isn’t worth the money we paid for him so as a fan you have to wait.
Trossard is talented but so blasé at times.
If he could notch goals we’d be lid table.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Think sometimes people underestimate how long it takes foreign and especially young foreign players to get up to speed. This is a tough unrelenting league played at a high pace with games coming thick and fast. Plenty of leagues out there similar or better technically but it does ask a lot of them physically and takes some getting used to.

Hope people remember that when Moder and hopefully the Ecuadorian lad turn up...

Spot on, sage. A few weeks back Ali Mac himself said that he'd had to improve his fitness bigtime, as well as lose a few pounds, since joining us. For a young lad, he is great.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here