Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Lowest Form of Wit

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I agree, puns really are humour for people without humour. I assume that those that enjoy fish puns on a thread also enjoy comedy such as Mrs. Brown's Boys, Miranda and Joe Pesquale.
To be gratuitously unpleasant seems more of a crime than enjoying a few puns...?

Punning on NSC is for people who enjoy wordplay and don't take themselves too seriously.

Back on topic, apparently they now have some FURensic evidence...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I agree, puns really are humour for people without humour. I assume that those that enjoy fish puns on a thread also enjoy comedy such as Mrs. Brown's Boys, Miranda and Joe Pesquale.

Agree. It's pawful humour

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I hope they find the culprit soon and don't start barking up the wrong tree.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Well! This is a sorry tail.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Is it puns the negative pun Police don't like, or puns about allegedly poisoned dogs. There appears to be a pawsity of evidence either way.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Is it puns the negative pun Police don't like, or puns about allegedly poisoned dogs. There appears to be a pawsity of evidence either way.

I think it's that they're not funny? To me, the point of a pun is to be spontaneous and witty, took you 37 mins to think of your second one. I can picture the scene in a similar pub conversation....

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I think it's that they're not funny? To me, the point of a pun is to be spontaneous and witty, took you 37 mins to think of your second one. I can picture the scene in a similar pub conversation....

You assume a lot. The second one occurred to me as soon as I had posted the first one. I spent the 37 minutes eating a muffin with Marmite and drinking a cup of tea, wondering why a few harmless puns could create a negative reaction.
Maybe the alleged poisoning of a dog was not treated with the gravitas it deserved ? Fortunately none of the dogs I have owned have been poisoned sadly though I have a couple of friends dogs that have, so I am not without sympathy. Unfortunately a life time of getting into all sorts of scrapes has left me as a big fan of so called gallows humour. Sorry the reply has taken another half hour.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
These dog puns are repugnant

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
MI6 are now involved. They think it's connected to the war on terrier.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
3a9.jpg

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
You can't murder a dog! You can kill it but you can't muder it.
This!

I know it's sensational, prize pooch poisoned at the most prestigious show in the world but it's a little odd that the papers are assigning the word 'murder' to the event.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Maybe the mods could VET the perpetrators? These people must be HOUNDED out of NSC.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here