The Long Firm

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
Not sure if there has been a thread on this already but here goes. Anyone else been watching this series? I watched both the second and third episodes last night. It just gets better and better. Is there a more charismatic actor in the UK today than Mark Strong? I can't think of any.

Great to see Phil Daniels reprising his cheeky chappie role from Quadrophenia yet again. I can't see him ever doing Hamlet at the RSC but if you need a Geezer he is the man. Not that he's typecast or anything.

One of the reasons why I love the BBC is that they are the best in the business at doing these kind of period dramas. The attention to detail was superb. Best series for me since Our Friends in the North for me.

Anyone read the book?

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
:lolol:

I've read the book and saw the first two last week and thought they were really good.

Just thought I'd post a reply as I know how defalting it is when nobody bothers!

Keep taking the Lithium Jambo.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I watched it last night and thought it was PONY.

The guy from Eastenders was pretty good but I thought it was tiresome and lacked edge.

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
did you see the 3rd episode Chappers? i thought that had quite a lot of edge to it. Captured the zeitgeist really well I thought.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Dunno which one was on last night. The one where Matthew from Easties gets shot by the woman who is well fit.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I've been watching it. Top Drama .

Dandyman

In London village.
Not having BBC3...is Phil Daniels playing Jack the Hat ?

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Never got to see Our Friends In The North but have only heard really good comments about it. Will it be repeated?

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
Soul Finger said:
Never got to see Our Friends In The North but have only heard really good comments about it. Will it be repeated?

It was the best serial drama I have ever seen. May be available on DVD. If it ever is repeated make sure you get to see it.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Cheers Jambo.

Saw the Hibs Livvy CCS final at Hampden and stayed with a Jambo couple for the weekend (Hibs are my second team).

Had a brilliant weekend and went out three nights running with a big group of Hibees and Jambos. Everyone got on fantastically and were a credit to Edinburgh. Can't wait to return.

Hibeeeees!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports