Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Lizards big gamble,what would you do?

Put your money where your mouth is or not gamble your cash?

• Put nothing in!

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • Pay a lump sum that is double your s/t cost?

Votes: 13 46.4%

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Lets go all in next season. There will be better pickings in the summer transfer window.

I just don't get this. If we go all in next season we are starting with 0 points like everybody else. At the moment we are on 50 and up with the chasing pack. NOW is the time to go "all in". It seems blindingly obvious...to me anyway. We are very nearly there.

Alternatively lose 10 million a season until we get players coming through the development squad. Now THAT is a massive gamble seeing how few do actually make it that way.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
If I was Bloom after investing 25m plus in training ground I would spend enough to keep us in championship then insist to everyone that I expect in 2/4 years for 5/7 players from academy to be in first team. Otherwise what was the point in me investing in training ground if we are still buying majority of first team. Supporters may not like it but I would understand if he is thinking along these lines

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Basic maths says there are far more available decent players than there are available clubs at this level, or indeed any other level. Wouldn't be at all surprised if the club's strategy was to bring in a smart loanee to nudge us over the play-off line.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Put nothing in this window, CH is clearly building a team and this was always going to be a season of consolidation I believe, while all the time building for the future and next season. Next year will be the year that everything comes together and just a few quality additions should see us mount a serious challenge.

This seems right to me. I think we have over achieved in terms of what bloom etal expected this season, hence there must be a huge temptation to spunk a load of cash at it now. I think he will wait and go for it in the summer if we miss out this season. I am sure we will mount a serious offensive next season.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
We are already in a fantastic position, So why wait until the summer to go big. If we are going to spend big then now is the time.

However, I wouldn't be splashing money at the moment or in the summer. If one of the targets was available at a reasonable price then we should be trying to sign them. But no point in any big gambles, there's a large possibility of being left with a big debt and remaining in the championship.

We could have enough already in our 18 man match-day squad to take an automatic place. It would depend on us being very lucky with injuries, suspensions and other results but we have the quality to pinch it

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Never risk the clybs financial future. I am astonished by the number of fans who think we should! It is far better to never make the premier league than spunk a load of cash and then tumble down the leagues as debts spiral out of control.

As we saw last season, you only have to get it slightly wrong in the Championship and you're unceremoniously dumped on your arse into League One. Can't rely for very long on replacing quality players with poundshop equivalents. Club needs to pay the going rate if they're ever going to progress.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There is a difference between paying the going rate and gambling silly money.

The wider the gap between paying the Championship going rate now and paying the going rate for a Premier League squad if/when we go up, the more painful it's going to be for the owner. To get any kind of meaningful return on his investment, the club has to go as a minimum go up sometime soon, and maybe come straight back down again for the parachute payments. Standing still where we are now and hoping for the best is not really a credible option. IMHO, like. Unless of course, he's only in it for the real estate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here