Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
It was my first visit since the revamp and would have to agree. I love the whole Dome complex but the sound last night clearly beats that in the main auditorium. My only complaint would be very poor and very expensive drink choices. If you can call them choices. Ill stick to The Wagon And Horses for 'beverages' next time!
Did you go to the bar upstairs (with the suspended horse)? They had a better selection - Long Man Brewery etc

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Thanks Kevo. I did get along last night and saw you from a distance. I know you will agree two very different experiences over the two nights but equally wonderful. It was good to see so many younger people at the Corn Exchange. they seemed to know the songs so maybe a new generation of fan coming through. As for Yan- I thought he got quite emotional during All In It. I wonder if the band were a bit unsure who would come along, with it being a festival event, and then taken aback by the tremendous reception. Anyway, two top evenings and I really cant say which was best because they both were. Hopefully see you soon.

Yeah, they are attracting a new generation of younger fans through their soundtrack to Disco Elysium. It's great to see it's not only old bald gits like myself that go to see them! The crowd singing All In It was quite emotional - don't think I've witnessed that before.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Love Kacey Musgraves, seen her a few times and even got a tattoo based on one of her songs. Missed her this year though.

Currently deciding on whether or not to get tickets for Morgan Wallen at BST in July
She was fantastic, one of the best live vocalists I heard in a long time and her band was great as well. Played song after song with little bit of chat in between.

Will definingly try and see her again if she tours the UK.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Did you go to the bar upstairs (with the suspended horse)? They had a better selection - Long Man Brewery etc
Was not aware that there was an upstairs. Ill know for next time- I had to settle for red stripe at £5.85 a can

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Saw Theatre of Hate last week, near Kings Cross. I'd never heard of them, but my mate was a big fan when at school. They were very good and awesome tight bass and drums. A lot of battle cry tunes. Currently have tickets for Otway, Cud and The Courettes all of which I've seen many times before.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Going to see Kenny Chesney and the Zac Brown Band at FedEx Field (American Football stadium) near DC in a couple of hours.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Blancmange on Sunday at The Old Market , Hove...

Tour supporting the latest 'Best of' album and 90 minutes of bangers...

Weirdly, the support was Neil Arthurs other band 'The Remainder ', so he came on, played 1/2 hour of their stuff, then went off and exactly the same trio came back as Blancmange (with a change of clothes but same gear)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here