Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Anyone going to Spiritualised tomorrow night?
Considered it. Seen them many times. They're a bit hold and cold live for me and not sure it works quite so well at The Dome.
I did see J Spaceman play with a string quartet and three gospel backing singers at Komedia, and that's one of the best gigs I've seen in Brighton. Off the top of my head, rivals are:
Kraftwerk, Smile, Kiwanuka and Cave at the Brighton Centre
David Byrne, Gillian Welch at The Dome
Shellac at C2
Ty Segall, Peter Brotzmann at GDS
Black Keys at Pressure Point
Polar Bear, Sons of Kemet at Komedia
and I'd be delighted if anyone on here made it to see Charlottefield at The Freebutt

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Going to see Kacey Musgraves tomorrow night, the last date of her European tour at the Roundhouse in London. First concert of the year for me.
Here ex husband, Ruston Kelly is a fantastic singer songwriter. His ‘Dying star’ album is superb. Very Jackson Browne. I saw Ruston Kelly supporting some band in Brighton a few years ago.

morematey

Jun 28, 2017
Another excellent Great Escape for me (my 11th). Prob the highest bar in terms of quality I’ve experienced. Saw tons but highlights were Mary in the Junkyard, MRCY, Big Special, Kneecap, Opus Kink, Faux Real and King Hannah.

Big Special at Horatios was an all timer.

Next up: Heartworms at the Corn Exchange on Thurs and then Wide Awake on Sat.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Another excellent Great Escape for me (my 11th). Prob the highest bar in terms of quality I’ve experienced. Saw tons but highlights were Mary in the Junkyard, MRCY, Big Special, Kneecap, Opus Kink, Faux Real and King Hannah.

Big Special at Horatios was an all timer.

Next up: Heartworms at the Corn Exchange on Thurs and then Wide Awake on Sat.
Big Special were also my festival highlight - just bloody brilliant.

We saw Kneecap twice, and they were also superb.

But we saw so much good stuff. It blows me away how much young talent we have in this country.

morematey

Jun 28, 2017
Big Special were also my festival highlight - just bloody brilliant.

We saw Kneecap twice, and they were also superb.

But we saw so much good stuff. It blows me away how much young talent we have in this country.
Yeah in a normal TGE year Kneecap would have been top of the pile. Total mayhem. I’ve got bruises everywhere from the pit.

Big Special though had that undefinable ‘extra’ something that the very best gigs I go to have - I can’t put it into words other than it makes me feel euphoric.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Managed to see Seapower last night for their warm up show in Lewes. They were on top form and everything about them was just superb. Great set list and sound was near perfect. We were even treated to The Smallest Church In Sussex as the start of the encore. Beautiful. Their main show is tonight at the Corn Exchange. Get there early so you don't miss Heartworms.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Last minute decision to go to Sea Power last night. Utterly delighted that I did, first time I've seen them since Beautiful Days in 2018! Just superb as always. Great to have the Corn Exchange back on the gig circuit, what a wonderful job they have done with restoring the building.

I've heard people bang on about Heartworms on here for a while so I was delighted to see the hype was well merited, fantastic opener. The bastard daughter of Siouxsie and Patti Smith really very good indeed.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Going to see Kacey Musgraves tomorrow night, the last date of her European tour at the Roundhouse in London. First concert of the year for me.
Love Kacey Musgraves, seen her a few times and even got a tattoo based on one of her songs. Missed her this year though.

Currently deciding on whether or not to get tickets for Morgan Wallen at BST in July

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Here ex husband, Ruston Kelly is a fantastic singer songwriter. His ‘Dying star’ album is superb. Very Jackson Browne. I saw Ruston Kelly supporting some band in Brighton a few years ago.
He supported The Wandering Hearts a few years back think the gig was at Patterns, but yeah really good.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Brooklyn hipster party starters Sextile for me tomorrow night.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Managed to see Seapower last night for their warm up show in Lewes. They were on top form and everything about them was just superb. Great set list and sound was near perfect. We were even treated to The Smallest Church In Sussex as the start of the encore. Beautiful. Their main show is tonight at the Corn Exchange. Get there early so you don't miss Heartworms.
Good to see you as ever. Bumped into your mate Kev at the Corn Exchange. Sea Power set same as Weds and went down really well I thought - apart from Yan forgetting the lyrics to Remember Me! Heartworms were great too, of course.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Last minute decision to go to Sea Power last night. Utterly delighted that I did, first time I've seen them since Beautiful Days in 2018! Just superb as always. Great to have the Corn Exchange back on the gig circuit, what a wonderful job they have done with restoring the building.

I've heard people bang on about Heartworms on here for a while so I was delighted to see the hype was well merited, fantastic opener. The bastard daughter of Siouxsie and Patti Smith really very good indeed.
It's a fantastic venue now - and a great gig all round. JoJo definitely has a hint of Siouxsie about her!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Good to see you as ever. Bumped into your mate Kev at the Corn Exchange. Sea Power set same as Weds and went down really well I thought - apart from Yan forgetting the lyrics to Remember Me! Heartworms were great too, of course.
Thanks Kevo. I did get along last night and saw you from a distance. I know you will agree two very different experiences over the two nights but equally wonderful. It was good to see so many younger people at the Corn Exchange. they seemed to know the songs so maybe a new generation of fan coming through. As for Yan- I thought he got quite emotional during All In It. I wonder if the band were a bit unsure who would come along, with it being a festival event, and then taken aback by the tremendous reception. Anyway, two top evenings and I really cant say which was best because they both were. Hopefully see you soon.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

It was my first visit since the revamp and would have to agree. I love the whole Dome complex but the sound last night clearly beats that in the main auditorium. My only complaint would be very poor and very expensive drink choices. If you can call them choices. Ill stick to The Wagon And Horses for 'beverages' next time!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here