Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I’m coming to the conclusion that I’m one of a very small number of people who don’t really take to the louder, poppier sound of Yard Act. I went last night wondering how the tracks from Overload would sit alongside Utopia, sadly these earlier songs had been reimagined with the addition of the backing vocalists. They themselves were rather annoying antics wise. We were reminded that the band had played at Chalk and Patterns in the past. I saw them at Mutations and Great Escape and much preferred those evenings.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Looking forward to Bladerunner Live. It's at the crappy Brighton Centre but we got in early and nabbed a couple of cheap seats that are positioned well. This has had good reviews with a live band. I like the music and the film (ok, it's a tad over rated) but my mate is a Bladerunner nut so it'll be fun to go with him.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
DB40D8FE-7C14-420F-B26A-339DF2301BA1.jpeg

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Excellent night with Doctors of Madness at the Duke of Wellington (with our very own Attila guesting on violin). One of my favourite bands and to see them in such a small setting was a real treat. My second gig in a week, following the Sam Lee one on Wednesday (a very different show) ... both really excellent

And with Aoife Scott to look forward to in a couple of weeks, it's a decent month for gig going,

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Went to David Preston, Seb Rochford and Elliot Galvin at the wonderful Rose Hill Tavern last Thursday. Really inventive and charming.

Saturday have a double-bill: Shabaka Hutchings in-store at Resident, followed by Johnny Marr at The Dome

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Went to David Preston, Seb Rochford and Elliot Galvin at the wonderful Rose Hill Tavern last Thursday. Really inventive and charming.

Saturday have a double-bill: Shabaka Hutchings in-store at Resident, followed by Johnny Marr at The Dome
Wow

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wouldn't happen in Germany :smile:

Edit: one of those gigs I'm really looking forward to
I’ve been reading a fair bit about his new direction. Please report back.

(I’m was in two minds regarding the reed-ing pun, decided against it)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here