Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Saw the much delayed GnR show at Tottenham stadium on Saturday night. The first two support acts were Mike Monroe and a bloke I’d never heard of, their sound was lousy, I was hopeful that it would improve when Axl, Slash and Duff came on, it didn’t. Bit of a shame really, wasn’t expecting 1990s levels of performance but it really wasn’t very good and not worth the entry fee. They then postponed the next few shows due to illness.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Saw the much delayed GnR show at Tottenham stadium on Saturday night. The first two support acts were Mike Monroe and a bloke I’d never heard of, their sound was lousy, I was hopeful that it would improve when Axl, Slash and Duff came on, it didn’t. Bit of a shame really, wasn’t expecting 1990s levels of performance but it really wasn’t very good and not worth the entry fee. They then postponed the next few shows due to illness.

I was there too and not impressed. Sound was OK where I was sat (rear corner where those with standing tickets could sit) but Axl’s voice was shot. Saw them at the London stadium a few years ago and they were great. Won’t bother again.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
I was there too and not impressed. Sound was OK where I was sat (rear corner where those with standing tickets could sit) but Axl’s voice was shot. Saw them at the London stadium a few years ago and they were great. Won’t bother again.

Ha, that's where we were sat too, perhaps it was his voice, but it was disappointing after reading quite a few decent reviews from elsewhere on the tour so far. I was at the front of (the plebs) standing area for Mike Monroe, and he sounded rotten, which is a shame as I am a big fan.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Ha, that's where we were sat too, perhaps it was his voice, but it was disappointing after reading quite a few decent reviews from elsewhere on the tour so far. I was at the front of (the plebs) standing area for Mike Monroe, and he sounded rotten, which is a shame as I am a big fan.

Sorry to hear Mike didn't sound good, I wouldn't have been expecting great things from Axl to be honest.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

I was standing in the middle for MM and he sounded OK to me!

I must say I was impressed with Spurs Stadium, especially the choice of food and beer.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
I was standing in the middle for MM and he sounded OK to me!

I must say I was impressed with Spurs Stadium, especially the choice of food and beer.

Couldn't hear his voice at all well :shrug:

Stadium is very good, although bar behind us ran out of Neck Oil, but everything else is spot on, and reassuringly rip off expensive. Went there for the first Albion game there too, all very good, and I think things are cheaper for football games, and much dearer for NFL games. .

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Couldn't hear his voice at all well :shrug:

Stadium is very good, although bar behind us ran out of Neck Oil, but everything else is spot on, and reassuringly rip off expensive. Went there for the first Albion game there too, all very good, and I think things are cheaper for football games, and much dearer for NFL games. .

Yep more expensive at the NFL games than it is for proper football games. Glad to hear that the stadium worked though, I'll be at the Lady Gaga show later in the month.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Interesting delve back in time again last night. I went to two separate gigs, albeit in the same building. First up was Midge Ure doing a solo acoustic set and regaling us with stories from his experiences such as when they had to wake Boy George up in New York on the day they recorded Band Aid and get him over to the studio on Concorde as he'd forgotten what day the recording was to be. And how, on his only meeting with Freddie Mercury at Live Aid, the Queen frontman held his hand for five minutes while they chatted until Midge realised that it was a case of "Mercury rising" as he put it. Mercury ended the encounter by asking him, "you're that nice boy from the Boomtown Rats, aren't you?"

Then upstairs to see ABC do their thing. I was never the hugest fan but they do put on a good show and Martin Fry can still sing bloody well.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Yep more expensive at the NFL games than it is for proper football games. Glad to hear that the stadium worked though, I'll be at the Lady Gaga show later in the month.

Be interested to hear what the sound quality is like for that one, I am slightly sceptical that WHL is ideal for music.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Glad to hear that the stadium worked though

Yeah, sounds like it really 'worked'... other than opening doors two hours late on Friday, terrible sound and the obligitory public transport nightmare afterwards. :ohmy:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Nadine Shah doing a 100 capacity intimate gig in a new venue for me, still a handful left

Attachments

• Nadine.jpeg
    Nadine.jpeg
    128 KB · Views: 118

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Excited about these recent announcements. Crack Cloud playing at Chalk on Monday 24th July. Stereolab at Concorde on Thursday 24th November. Both on sale tomorrow.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I saw Superorgansim at resident last night, they were excellent, some great new songs, done in that quirky deadpan way.

Going to try and get to DAMEFRISOR on Wednesday at the Hope and Ruin on the back of 2-HEH-V being a great track. Although will probably be touch and go time wise.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean

Saw The Beat @ Concorde 2 on Thursday...

Dave Wakeling and co nailed a pretty much greatest hits set, kudos to the sax player who did a great job being Saxa...

Wandered out after and there's Dave shaking hands saying thanks for coming...Great bloke

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here