Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
BSP in town this Saturday prededed by the Magna Carta at the British Museum and an exhibition of Fighting History paintings at Tate Britain. Somehow The Decline of British Sea Power feels like the perfect way to round off the day.

I may have a beer too.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Friday 26 June:

Sarah records night (Brighton West Hill) vs Father John Misty (Bexhill DLW)...past vs present...decisions, decisions.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Friday 26 June:

Sarah records night (Brighton West Hill) vs Father John Misty (Bexhill DLW)...past vs present...decisions, decisions.

Have gone for Sarah Records. It is now sold out should that influence your decision.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Have gone for Sarah Records. It is now sold out should that influence your decision.

I didn't know it had sold out but given the v reasonable ticket price had already bought a couple. However FJM has been on very heavy rotation so am sorely tempted by (can you believe it) the bright lights of Bexhill!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just bought a ticket for Slayer.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Hey [MENTION=8329]Spider[/MENTION] how was Primavera?

Amazing thank you, as always! Will try and post a full break down some time. The replacements were a highlight.

I have a question about Concorde 2 which I hope the good folk of this thread will be able to answer. Heading there for the Decline of BSP gig on Wednesday. Haven't had the chance to go drinking in Kemptown pre Concorde gig for a while and am wondering what the situation is regarding getting down to Madeira drive because of the closure of the terraces. If we go drinking in Sidewinder or such like, will we have to then walk all the way back along to pier before heading back on ourselves along seafront? Probably not worth it if so! Not sure whether any of the stairwells are still open? Help in this somewhat trivial matter much appreciated!

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Amazing thank you, as always! Will try and post a full break down some time. The replacements were a highlight.

I have a question about Concorde 2 which I hope the good folk of this thread will be able to answer. Heading there for the Decline of BSP gig on Wednesday. Haven't had the chance to go drinking in Kemptown pre Concorde gig for a while and am wondering what the situation is regarding getting down to Madeira drive because of the closure of the terraces. If we go drinking in Sidewinder or such like, will we have to then walk all the way back along to pier before heading back on ourselves along seafront? Probably not worth it if so! Not sure whether any of the stairwells are still open? Help in this somewhat trivial matter much appreciated!

I used the stairwell closest to the Concorde after Thurston at TGE, I don't know if it's changed since then.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

Usually end up at The Bristol pub which is just up from the stairwell. Not sure about terraces being closed. Drinks in C2 are not bad choice wise but expensive.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Saw him and his band at Primavera. Sounds far far more rocky live and the show benefits from lacking the excessive over instrumentation that makes MCIII a step down from MCII. Really want to see him again but he hasn't played Brighton in ages.

Spot on. The new stuff definitely sounds much better live. Gig took a while to get going but it had some real highlights. Only downside is he didn't play many of his more tender sings which is where I think he excels. Good night though, enjoyed it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 41

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here