Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Young Fathers for me tonight. Unfortunately, this means that I'll have to go to The Haunt, something I usually try to avoid.

I'd be interested to hear what they're like. Love the new album. I'm planning to see them at MELT! in July. This festival looked really promising with numerous acts I want to see. They've just released the schedule and virtually every band I like are playing on the Saturday.....no doubt with clashes.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Myself and Mrs Sock will be nodding our heads vigorously at Nine Below Zero at the Ropetackle on 6 June. Anyone else going? :banana:

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Two London trips in a week coming up.

The return of HEALTH at Tufnell Park Dome on 9 June, follwed by British Sea Power doing Decline... in full at The Roundhouse on 13 June.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Two London trips in a week coming up.

The return of HEALTH at Tufnell Park Dome on 9 June, follwed by British Sea Power doing Decline... in full at The Roundhouse on 13 June.

Two London trips also- The Loft 6th June at the Lexington and pretty sure you know the other.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I'll keep an eye out for you! Are you doing the 10th as well? I see there's a Bo Ningen support there as well.

Yes to the tenth. I remember Bo Ningen supporting BSP at one of their Krankenhaus evenings a couple of years back. Should be good to see them and hear some stuff from the second album.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Yes to the tenth. I remember Bo Ningen supporting BSP at one of their Krankenhaus evenings a couple of years back. Should be good to see them and hear some stuff from the second album.

The next one is their 4th album. Great live band and they are progressing really nicely on record.

They played The Hope at TGE a number of years ago, one of the loudest gigs I've been to. They've calmed down (a bit) now.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They played The Hope at TGE a number of years ago, one of the loudest gigs I've been to. They've calmed down (a bit) now.

A famous gig! I've discussed this with you before but for the benefit of others this gig was mid-afternoon on a sunny day and my first show of the festival. It was a brutal introduction to a great weekend.

Also, how was TGE this year? Seen very little comment about it on here.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
A famous gig! I've discussed this with you before but for the benefit of others this gig was mid-afternoon on a sunny day and my first show of the festival. It was a brutal introduction to a great weekend.

It was alright - my highlights were bulbul a Danish band who sounded a bit like Shellac, Blanck Mass, Zun Zun Egui, pinkshinyultrablast and Merlin Tonto for me. Didn't rate Thurston Moore at all.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The Young Fathers were simply brilliant last night. An incendiary performance, full of energy and excitement, the way in which the vocalists combined was as good as I've seen in a gig, and they really think about their performance, in terms of the aesthetic. They made their album sound awesome.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
The Young Fathers were simply brilliant last night. An incendiary performance, full of energy and excitement, the way in which the vocalists combined was as good as I've seen in a gig, and they really think about their performance, in terms of the aesthetic. They made their album sound awesome.

Put it better than I could, sir. They were triffic.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

I enjoyed pockets of it but not as much as previous years. No sign of a One Inch Badge secret afternoon line up or anything that special- unless I missed it. Dome line ups did not warrent a top up band. I expected much more with it being the tenth year. Highlights for me included Slug at the Pavillion Studio Saturday afternoon (have a listen to their brilliant album) and Bully on Friday night at the haunt. Also enjoyed many of the Canadian bands at The Green Door Store. I will be back next year though without doubt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here