Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just got back from seeing The Prodigy. Boy can they rock an arena.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
After my initial slight annoyance and concern at the venue being switched from the 3,500 Colombiahalle to the 12,000 Velodrom any fears were allayed when the gig started. Part dance, part punk, mainly rock and occasionally pantomime but hugely fun and entertaining. They are an arena act with the trimmings. They won't win many cool points these days....but then that's not the point of a concert is it? The crowd were in fine spirits with the majority of the venue going for it. I was quite near the front at the start but wandered halfway back to get a beer later on and the crowd were still dancing and jumping around there and even further; the punters spread as the gig ensued and the venue became one huge dance floor.

Good fun.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We saw Simple Minds at a packed Brighton Dome last night.
They were brilliant. I last saw them live a couple of times in the early 1980's at the Top Rank.
Jim Kerr and Charlie Burchill had lost none of their brilliance, the band performed two complete sets for over two hours of music, and had two great female singers joining them for various tracks. There was no sniffiness about playing hits - they played almost all of them.

Can't wait until they return to Brighton.

I had many goose-bumps moments - something I've not had at a Brighton home game for a very long time ... music is the passion ahead for me I think!

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Did no one else see Wire on Sunday or Monday?

I went on Monday, I've seen Wire plenty over the last few years but I've not seen them on this form, they were amazing.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Anyone else get tickets to Faith No More at the Roundhouse in June? Can't wait for this but didn't enjoy Ticketmaster's shocking website telling me there were no tickets available for the best part of an hour before some magically appeared...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Anyone else get tickets to Faith No More at the Roundhouse in June? Can't wait for this but didn't enjoy Ticketmaster's shocking website telling me there were no tickets available for the best part of an hour before some magically appeared...

If you get through you get, I think, 15 mins, to make the transaction. If you don't buy them in this time they get put back on the market. Hence, tickets marginally appear after you're told there's none available.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
If you get through you get, I think, 15 mins, to make the transaction. If you don't buy them in this time they get put back on the market. Hence, tickets marginally appear after you're told there's none available.

Which is fine, but being told there are none available 1 minute after they go on sale and then seeing dozens for sale on Ticketmaster-owned site Getmein.com for inflated prices rankles somewhat...

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Have tickets for Joanna Gruesome on 3rd May at The Haunt- been moved to September 29th! Groan!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Villagers at the Old Market tomorrow. Really looking forward to it - loved the first two albums, haven't got round to the new one yet.

Of Montreal on Monday, again. Should be great fun, again.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Which is fine, but being told there are none available 1 minute after they go on sale and then seeing dozens for sale on Ticketmaster-owned site Getmein.com for inflated prices rankles somewhat...

Sorry, I thought you meant on their primary site. Totally agree about Getmein and the others.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Excellent ticket day yesterday. Coach and ticket for Glastonbury booked and managed to secure three more tickets for Faith No More at the Roundhouse as well. Feeling very chuffed and excited!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Always go through the venue website if you can. I have bought tickets direct from the Roundhouse before and got in every time. There was also an account holder pre-sale for this show too. Ticketmaster and See Tickets are notoriously difficult to get tickets on.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Always go through the venue website if you can. I have bought tickets direct from the Roundhouse before and got in every time. There was also an account holder pre-sale for this show too. Ticketmaster and See Tickets are notoriously difficult to get tickets on.

I did look at the venue site but you have to pay a membership fee to join apparently. Anyway, got the tickets in the end. Can't wait for the gig now, saw them at Hyde Park last year and thought they were fantastic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here