Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Seen a few bands recently:

Jeffry Lewis
Lust For Youth
Föllakzoid
and last Monday the excellent Black Midi.

Before Xmas I have Ty Segall, Moon Duo (love this band), Max Cooper, Gruff Rhys, Girl Band, Wayes Blood, Hot Chip, Synäthesie Festival featuring amongst others Deerhunter and Micheal Röther, and a special “different” and seated performance by Black Midi in a new venue here.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I've got Sarathay Korwar this month, followed by a cluster in November: W H Lung, BC Camplight supported by Porridge Radio -- and it's the latter I'm going to see, who are something else live, thanks to [MENTION=14921]spring hall convert[/MENTION] for plugging them -- and Richard Dawson (whose new album is supposed to be fine). Delighted to also have Hot Snakes and Shellac announced on consecutive nights in December -- two of my favourite older live bands.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Do love these voices, the albums 'Lines' should be brilliant live.

Unt.JPG

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Before Christmas I have Kate Tempest (after marching for a People's Vote in that London), Loyle Carner, Dat Brass, Primal Scream, WH Lung, Ezra Collective and The Comet is Coming.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I enjoyed this immensely. They are getting more and more confident.

I've now seen them twice and they are clearly getting more of a following. Songs from the first album really got people dancing and it was as hot as ever in there. Nearly bought one of their hats but it was far too big for me!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As an aside I’m loving the new Ty Segall long player. Took a few listens but I now think it’s his best.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Nice to see a few are going to WH Lung. I loved their recent show over here. My only disappointment was the sparse crowd.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Earth and Helen Money
Caspar Brotzmann Massaker
Metz
Shellac

Are coming up for me.

And excited to see Swans have announced dates for next year.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
See you at Shellac. Have you seen CBM before? Are they of a similar distinctiveness to his father?

Saw CBM as support to Helmet in 1993. Awesome. Remember it well, even after all these years.

Massaker - Imagine Hendrix playing with the Swans rhythm section. There’s footage of the group, including a very good recording of a performance filmed for German TV, which also featured Neubauten and Wire, on YouTube.

He’s been reclusive for a good number of years sadly but it’s good to see he seems to have got his mojo back. Southern Lord has released his back catalogue and he’s supporting Sunn O))) in Europe with his new project Bass Totem.

These handful of European dates of Massaker (playing Oslo, London next month) look like a short reprise and a farewell of that group.

Heartily recommended for those that prefer their rock at the more extreme end of the loud, experimental, noise spectrum ...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Technically speaking it is an album, but

50F58937-C829-4BFD-BB05-41A791F22189.jpeg

Absolutely brilliant album.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Yep. looking forward to it. As with Snapped Ankles on Tuesday, I will be accompanied by [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION].

Snapped Ankles primevally terrific as ever.

She Drew The Gun next for me at C2, week after next.

Can't believe I've only just discovered this thread.

PG

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Seen a few bands recently:

Jeffry Lewis
Lust For Youth
Föllakzoid
and last Monday the excellent Black Midi.

Before Xmas I have Ty Segall, Moon Duo (love this band), Max Cooper, Gruff Rhys, Girl Band, Wayes Blood, Hot Chip, Synäthesie Festival featuring amongst others Deerhunter and Micheal Röther, and a special “different” and seated performance by Black Midi in a new venue here.

Excellent work. How was Jeffrey Lewis?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Excellent work. How was Jeffrey Lewis?

Thanks.

Overall he was great fun. I’ve lost count of the times I’ve seen him now. Some of his new songs left me unmoved, which is a first. He ended with a slide show about the history of NY Punk which didn’t work well and let to a flat ending. This was old photos and text as opposed his usual comic book drawings.

But, he opened with a very moving tribute to Daniel Johnston who died the day before. And those “short film” things he does were brilliant as usual. He broke a guitar string and did some excellent spoken word/poetry whilst the bass player fixed it. Throw in a few great new songs and some classics, I’ll never tire of hearing Cult Boyfriend, and it was an enjoyable evening. The missus picked up a few of his comics and I purchased a CD of live The Fall covers recorded around the U.K.

Hit with a few misses.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Coming up over the next few weeks I have
Working Mens Club
Melt Banana
Warmdusher
Fontaines DC
The MightyWah
And possibly Honeyblood who are also supported by Porridge Radio.

Show of Hands at Bexhill next month. Sadly booked before I realised Rhiannon Giddens is playing in Brighton at the same time and day :( Like SoH a lot but have seen them quite recently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here