Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Are Pig Destroyer on the bill?

No other farm based bands on the bill, although Pig Destroyer would fit nicely, Venom Prison and Pray for Pain complete the line up.

Interesting looking venue seems to be a counter cultural centre on the way out to the river. Somehow they also have Patti Smith, Robert Plant (the day after I come home) and ZZ TOP playing there too. may go and see The Adolescents the the day after if I like the place.

Ironically given that ND and CD are veggies and vegans the venue used to be a slaughterhouse. Not visited this venue before but it sounds ace.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No other farm based bands on the bill, although Pig Destroyer would fit nicely, Venom Prison and Pray for Pain complete the line up.

Interesting looking venue seems to be a counter cultural centre on the way out to the river. Somehow they also have Patti Smith, Robert Plant (the day after I come home) and ZZ TOP playing there too. may go and see The Adolescents the the day after if I like the place.

Ironically given that ND and CD are veggies and vegans the venue used to be a slaughterhouse. Not visited this venue before but it sounds ace.

I did ask the question partly tongue-in-cheek as I marvel at the names of bands in that genre. I was into a lot of that stuff many years ago: Napalm Death, Bolt Thrower, Extreme Noise Terror, Carcass etc. Sounds like an ace gig and venue. Always fun to gig abroad as well, I try and fit a gig into all my foreign travels.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I did ask the question partly tongue-in-cheek as I marvel at the names of bands in that genre. I was into a lot of that stuff many years ago: Napalm Death, Bolt Thrower, Extreme Noise Terror, Carcass etc. Sounds like an ace gig and venue. Always fun to gig abroad as well, I try and fit a gig into all my foreign travels.

Napalm death I saw them play in Wigan bus depot club in the late 80s, I went with my mate who was into them. I just did not get it, so I took him to see Demented Are Go at the boardwalk Manchester in return and psycho won.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

I did guess that but thought I'd indulge anyway :) Love a good gig abroad and Vienna is one of my favourite cities to visit (i'm normally there for opera) so it seemed like a good excuse to pop back. The band names can be utterly ridiculous though, my favourite being Excrematory Grindf**kers a deathcore band from Germany they are a delight!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Napalm death I saw them play in Wigan bus depot club in the late 80s, I went with my mate who was into them. I just did not get it, so I took him to see Demented Are Go at the boardwalk Manchester in return and psycho won.

To be fair, Napalm are indeed an acquired taste, they are not for everyone. I wasn't such a fan of first album Scum, I didn't get it either but they bacame much more interesting when Barney joined the band and the started to play songs that last more than 20 seconds. Barney is also a very nice chap indeed.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
To be fair, Napalm are indeed an acquired taste, they are not for everyone. I wasn't such a fan of first album Scum, I didn't get it either but they bacame much more interesting when Barney joined the band and the started to play songs that last more than 20 seconds. Barney is also a very nice chap indeed.

I am sure they have, I think I saw them as you say when every song was short to say the least and just white noise and they had not been going long hence playing in a working mans club in Wigan.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

I think I saw them the last time they played Brighton. Would have been around 2000, I reckon, on 'Enemy of The Music Business.' It was absolutely ferocious.

I'd definitely see them again.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Did any other old sods see Television in Bexhill? That was really special.

I bought Marquee Moon in 1977, and nearly 40 years later I saw them for the first time. Who would know they're old fellas?

Just superb.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1

I bought Marquee Moon in 1977, and nearly 40 years later I saw them for the first time. Who would know they're old fellas?

Just superb.

Could not make this in the end. Rather gutted. Please confirm they hardly acknowledged each other never mind the audience...

Spider

Sep 15, 2007

Just superb.

We saw them when they first reformed at the Roundhouse. Nice to see love but was very disappointed that they chose to play some terrible 29 minute bass dirge, and didn't play a single thing off Adventjre. Have they changed their set at all?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
We saw them when they first reformed at the Roundhouse. Nice to see love but was very disappointed that they chose to play some terrible 29 minute bass dirge, and didn't play a single thing off Adventjre. Have they changed their set at all?

There was a very long track that I didn't know, which was more guitar doodling than bass dirge. It did stretch the patience a bit.

They also played a song 'I'm Gonna Find You' or something, that they have never recorded, but they said was more ancient than Marquee Moon.

They played loads from Marquee Moon, finishing with a brilliant Friction as the encore.

Loads from Marquee Moon, and as you say, nothing from Adventure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here