Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
This weekend it is all about Mammothfest. Onslaught tonight. Psycroptic tomorrow and Hang The ******* Sunday and many many more....

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Off to Indie Daze festival tomorrow for a day of nostalgia. Looking forward to seeing Eat, who I never saw first time round.

Enjoy. I thought the line up looked pretty good.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Really enjoying the Mammothfest weekend so far. Onslaught on friday were outstanding and got totally bludgeoned by Psycroptic and Syndrom at Sticky Mikes yesterday, loads of other great bands too. King Leviathan are a local band worth keeping an eye on they opened the whole thing in fine style on friday, I'd really like to see them push on.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Have vowed that I won't see them again, a vow I'm sticking to at present but might come to regret:

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/oct/07/sleaford-mods-review-old-market-hove

This is how I remember them from the Concorde earlier this year.

That review was spot on. A captivating performance. Not sure I would have listened for much longer than the one hour they were on stage for and I did not like the reworked Fizzy. Where was my doorbell chime?
The second time I have seen them now- not including the best gig that never happened at The Albert. Sure they will become even bigger.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I don't see the point of this thread. These were on 3 days ago at Concorde 2 and nobody thought to mention it ?

VERY impressive rhythm section

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
When are they going to get on and announce the rest of the Mutations line up? They're an 'Thee Oh Seas' away from me buying a ticket but taking their time over adding names!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
When are they going to get on and announce the rest of the Mutations line up? They're an 'Thee Oh Seas' away from me buying a ticket but taking their time over adding names!

That'd swing it for me too. Thee Oh Sees are playing in London and at ATP round about that time of the year, so not out of the question. Keen to go up to London to see them, but would rather see them round these parts.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

There's another announcement next week. It's not part of next week's announcement but there is one name to come that is very impressive indeed.

Did you catch ToS when they played The Hydrant twice in quick succession? Must have been 2010/11, amazing shows. The new line up is great but it does somewhat miss the melodic counterbalance that Bridget offered.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Joanne Shaw Taylor rocked the Ropetackle tonight. Federal Charm damn good support act.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Saw (our) James supporting Lonelady at Patterns last night. The woman can't half play, but I came away a little removed from her. She gave the crowd little recognition and the sound needs a proper live sound in my opinion.

Jul 7, 2003
Putting this in classified as well but if anyone wants a couple of tickets for the final ever UK Motley Crue gig at Wembley with support from Alice Cooper on Friday 6th November please PM me. They are in the second row of the seats, stage centre at the back of Wembley Arena and cost me £46.80 each but unfortunately I am now unable to go so will sell on here for £80 the pair.

Also had to give up my Half Man Half Biscuit ticket at Kentish Town next week as well so gutted at missing two gigs in succession but I have just had major knee surgery and these gigs just aren't practical for me at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here