Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Lewes Bonfire Thread

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Im looking forward to it this year, missed the last 2 due to Albion and Work commitments.

So whos going to hit the streets of Lewes and which society you looking out for with the most interest - wheres the best vantage points?

Just had this come through to work from ye auld enemy about road closures on the day. Could be a day of caranage on the a27, especially with the Beddingham roadworks too.

Lewes District Council have approved road closures for bonfire night between 17:00 hrs on Monday 5th to 01:00 hrs on Tuesday 6th which include the following roads:

Station Road, Nevill Road, The Gallops, Nevill Crescent, Highdown Road, Christie Road, DeMontford Road, Prince Edwards Road, Spital Road, St Anne's Crescent, Western Road, High Street, Westgate Street, Castle Precinets, Station Street, St Nicholas Lane, Southover High St, Garden St, Southover Road, Mountfield Road, Ham Lane, Priory St, South St, Malling St, Cliffe High St, Morris Rd, Railway Lane, Harveys Way, Eastgate St, Phoenix Causeway, Brooks Rd, Southdowns Rd, Mayhew Way, East St, Albion St, Market St, North St, Market Lane, West St, Fisher St, Mount Pleasant, Abinger Place, Sun St, St Johns St, St Johns Terrace, White Hill, Mount Place, Lancaster St, Little East St, Offham Rd, Kingsley Rd, Baxter Rd, Landport Rd, Lee Road, Lee Road, Arundel Green, Stansfield Rd, Court Rd, Friars Walk, Lansdown Place, Pinwell Road, Bell Lane, Winterbourne Hollow, Cockshut Road

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Wife and daughter are members of Commercial, by far the best vantage point if you are not fussed about which firesite you go to is outside Malling Community Centre to watch Waterloo, very few people go there and you have an unobstructed view of their fireworks

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
My mates are members of various societies, but we are trying to get to see The Cliffe.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
:flamebounAny effigies of Norman Banker and Anne the Veggie this year ?:flameboun

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
If it's on Monday, will most other areas be holding their celebrations on Sunday night??

Shoreham is holding it's beach bonfires and fireworks display on Monday I think. I went a few years back and there was a vicar handing out free burgers and hotdogs from his beachfront garden and several Bonfires stretching the length of the beach and Fioreworks were passable. Not a bad night all in all and not half as crammed and inaccessable as Lewes, but not as much of a spectacle either.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
We're thinking of heading over to Shoreham Beach on Monday eve to see whats happening - weather permitting...not much to write home about usually but its our local gig and support it we will!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
We're thinking of heading over to Shoreham Beach on Monday eve to see whats happening - weather permitting...not much to write home about usually but its our local gig and support it we will!

I wil be heading out there. Have a few ales in the fine pubs Shoreham has to offer and then across the bridge for a stroll (then back to fine pubs). A good excuse for a night in Shoreham I reckon!

My mates are members of various societies, but we are trying to get to see The Cliffe.

If you want tickets for the Cliffe firesite, you'll need to buy them in advance.

None for sale on the day. And none for sale after they've all gone.

It goes without saying that they run a membership scheme.

:)

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I wil be heading out there. Have a few ales in the fine pubs Shoreham has to offer and then across the bridge for a stroll (then back to fine pubs). A good excuse for a night in Shoreham I reckon!

Good stuff - we'll be in either the Duke or the Royal Sovereign for a swifty (both of them are happy for us to take Arty in) then head out for the Lantern procession at 6:30pm, we'll only be out as long as Arthur can cope then it'll be home to bed for him and parents hour for us!! Yippeeee :lol:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
oh forgot to mention theres a stage and bands on beach green in shoreham this year too after the fireworks at 8pm...shorehambysea.com tells me so...

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
If you aren't local I wouldn't go to Lewes. Unless you like being herded around by the Police all evening and packed in like sardines getting a shyte view of the action.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
If it's on Monday, will most other areas be holding their celebrations on Sunday night??

Forthcoming Local Bonfire Celebrations:

03/11/07:
Newick
Battle
Winchelsea

05/11/07:
Waterloo
Cliffe
Borough
Southover
Commercial Square
South Street
Lindfield

10/11/07:
South Heighton
East Hoathly & Halland
Rye

17/11/07:
Robertsbridge
Barcombe

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
If you aren't local I wouldn't go to Lewes. Unless you like being herded around by the Police all evening and packed in like sardines getting a shyte view of the action.

Agreed

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
This is a LOCAL bonfire for LOCAL people.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If you want tickets for the Cliffe firesite, you'll need to buy them in advance.

None for sale on the day. And none for sale after they've all gone.

It goes without saying that they run a membership scheme.

:)

I will find out tonight if our friends have bought us tickets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here