The Lesser Spotted Vicente Back in Town? [Episode III]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Was there really any necessity to name the establishment his daughter goes to ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sorry to p1ss on you collective bonfire.

Last year she was at nursery at a dyke road private school.

This year her age dictates she goes to school not nursery.

The dyke road school is now closed for summer holiday.

Correct. My brother, @Stumpy Tim's, daughter is starting at that school in September and Vicente's kid will be going there if he hangs around. Not that this helps us with the question as to whether he'll be back or not.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Correct. My brother, @Stumpy Tim's, daughter is starting at that school in September and Vicente's kid will be going there if he hangs around. Not that this helps us with the question as to whether he'll be back or not.

Your niece will be in good company - at least two other players send their children there as well.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sending a child to a nursery is not possibly about the money but more about the child and their being in young child company and growing up in that environment. Children need to be among other children so while I dont agree that it is definite that he will sign I do see the possibility of the rumour being correct and also the source.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Sending a child to a nursery is not possibly about the money but more about the child and their being in young child company and growing up in that environment. Children need to be among other children so while I dont agree that it is definite that he will sign I do see the possibility of the rumour being correct and also the source.

The problem here being that his daughter was in the mentioned nursery this year. The school has a nursery on the same site as the school itself. IF he'd wanted his daughter ( who will be of school age come September ) to move from the nursery to reception then he would have to have made that decision a few months ago - not now. The school / nursery are now closed. Both the last points indicate that the OP is misinformed.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Is the administration department closed also, with nobody working especially if it is a a private school and reliant on the fees people paid.

Definitely closed. Head might be in but I doubt she would deal with "signing on's". Also there's a waiting list for children wanting to join the school hence why he would have had to take up the offer of a place in reception around Easter. He couldn't just roll up now and take a place.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
Definitely closed. Head might be in but I doubt she would deal with "signing on's". Also there's a waiting list for children wanting to join the school hence why he would have had to take up the offer of a place in reception around Easter. He couldn't just roll up now and take a place.

What about his younger kid though?

Stumpy Tim

Depends on the age. My daughter starts in September in reception year - there are only ten kids in that class

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Depends on the age. My daughter starts in September in reception year - there are only ten kids in that class

My sons both went through reception and there were never more than 12 children in each of the two classes.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
These days most private schools are desperate for more pupils - if that's the case here, I'm sure the Head would take time to accept new pupils, holidays or not. If there's a waiting list though, why bother, unless they've saved a place for the Dagger's dependents. Whatever the truth is, it's quite nice speculating (in a non-libellous way, of course) - it keeps my dream alive that I may get to see the great man in the stripes again...

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
When I put my girls in private school, I called during the week and the head showed me around the school on a Sunday morning and even took us too lunch.
Pretty sure that as they already have contact with the club this could easily be achieved.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Loved watching him play but, if this is true, I do hope the team can be coached to play with him in the team and not just give the ball to Vicente and then "watch the master at work". This seemed to be a common policy last season.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Reliable 'sauce' tells me Vicente is back as booking his little girl into a Nursery in Hove.

Sorry to p1ss on you collective bonfire.

Last year she was at nursery at a dyke road private school.

This year her age dictates she goes to school not nursery.

The dyke road school is now closed for summer holiday.

Is the administration department closed also, with nobody working especially if it is a a private school and reliant on the fees people paid.

What about his younger kid though?

If her age really is 1 then the place being mentioned wouldn't take her.

So, utter bollocks then?
Sounded fishy from the start.

:ban:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports