Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Leeds Family

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Imagine a homophobic person using this line as a defence to their homophobic chants...

Abuse is abuse and offence is offence, while there are different levels and degrees but there's a line that can't be crossed
Oh my god, I am incestaphobic!! I only made the word up half an hour ago and already I am exposed.

I will certainly remember not to cross the incest line.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Oh my god, I am incestaphobic!! I only made the word up half an hour ago and already I am exposed.

I will certainly remember not to cross the incest line.
Did I accuse you of being such a thing? No, I'm just trying to convey that offensive chanting shouldn't be accepted, no matter what it's about

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
If you’re trying to set the record for most stupid posts in 24 hours then fair play, it’s a cracking effort.

A song about incest is stupid, crass and not as funny as the idiots who sing it think it is. However comparing is incest to homosexuality is moronic. Why not go the whole hog and compare two men getting married to somebody marrying a dog?
I have said there are different levels of abuse, I never said both are equally bad. Neither should be welcome inside football stadiums.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Did I accuse you of being such a thing? No, I'm just trying to convey that offensive chanting shouldn't be accepted, no matter what it's about
Fair enough, I was just trying to make a joke or two. Fell flat.

Yeah I wish we didn't resort to crass nonsense like the song about incest. But it is nowhere near as bad or damaging for people as homophobia.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
So are we saying that this is the same as homophobic chanting?

Equally as bad?
What would you do with the answer ? They are both offensive. They are both difficult to explain to young children. I don’t really think a league table of offence helps particularly. The main point is that complaining about abusive stereotyping whilst stereotyping abusively is pretty stupid.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
If you’re trying to set the record for most stupid posts in 24 hours then fair play, it’s a cracking effort.

A song about incest is stupid, crass and not as funny as the idiots who sing it think it is. However comparing is incest to homosexuality is moronic. Why not go the whole hog and compare two men getting married to somebody marrying a dog?
I'm not directly comparing the two though, I'm saying offensive chants are offense chants.

Doesn't matter what they are about, they shouldn't be acceptable inside football stadiums in 2023.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I'm not directly comparing the two though, I'm saying offensive chants are offense chants.

Doesn't matter what they are about, they shouldn't be acceptable inside football stadiums in 2023.

If you can’t see the difference then I hope you’re being wilfully ignorant because the other options aren’t great.

Chanting about incest is stupid, but unless shagging your sister is now covered by sexual orientation then it’s not a protected characteristic. Trying to compare the two of them is like comparing ‘small town in Baghdad’ against Luton to chanting ‘you fat bastard’ at someone.

The biggest crime committed by the Addams family song is the fact it’s a shit unfunny song for cretins.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Not accurate as surely if your sister is your mother, wouldn't she be your half sister given both parents are not the same for you and your sister.

The chant should be banned just for that alone.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
If you can’t see the difference then I hope you’re being wilfully ignorant because the other options aren’t great.

Chanting about incest is stupid, but unless shagging your sister is now covered by sexual orientation then it’s not a protected characteristic. Trying to compare the two of them is like comparing ‘small town in Baghdad’ against Luton to chanting ‘you fat bastard’ at someone.

The biggest crime committed by the Addams family song is the fact it’s a shit unfunny song for cretins.
Of course there's a difference, ones a hate crime and illegal and the other while not illegal, is still offensive.

Neither songs should have a place inside a football stadium, which is my main point.

Do you agree that offensive chants (no matter of illegality or not) should be in the past?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here