Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Leeds Family

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Lovely. Never heard the chant, but it occurs to me that any fan from any club could have written and submitted that. Probably did to counter the horrible chants of the Leeds fans yesterday.

Last edited:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Lovely. Never heard the chant, but it occurs to me that any fan from any club could have written and submitted that. Probably did to counter the horrible chants of the Leeds fans yesterday.
I’ve heard it loads of times especially at Norwich, Cardiff , Leeds. Why do you think it was sung in response to Leeds fans ? Depends what one wishes to believe I guess.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I’ve heard it loads of times especially at Norwich, Cardiff , Leeds. Why do you think it was sung in response to Leeds fans ? Depends what one wishes to believe I guess.
It was sang by about 50 of the 2900 away crowd yesterday in response in the 2 minute back and forth chants in the first half

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I’ve heard it loads of times especially at Norwich, Cardiff , Leeds. Why do you think it was sung in response to Leeds fans ? Depends what one wishes to believe I guessthe great migration of Nor Folk left
The great migration in 1065, is mentioned in the Doomsday Book.
Where Nor Folk left, what is now East Anglia, and ventured north to the wastelands of Yerk Shire, dragging their family, livestock and knuckles.
Ledes (Leeds), is the area where they settled.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
It's a bit pathetic.

Pots and kettles.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
So are we saying that this is the same as homophobic chanting?

Equally as bad?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It's not a chant to be proud though, is it?

It could quite easily cause offence

No but it seems to be being put up as some kind of comparison to the other thread. Maybe I have misunderstood, hence my qualifying question.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
No but it seems to be being put up as some kind of comparison to the other thread. Maybe I have misunderstood, hence my qualifying question.
Any chant used with the aim to cause offence should be place in the same bracket, illegal or not.

Just because it's not illegal so sing about incest doesn't mean it's not as bad (I mean it might be but I don't know)

hate speech noun abusive or threatening speech or writing that expresses prejudice on the basis of ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or similar grounds.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Any chant used with the aim to cause offence should be place in the same bracket, illegal or not.

Just because it's not illegal so sing about incest doesn't mean it's not as bad (I mean it might be but I don't know)

hate speech noun abusive or threatening speech or writing that expresses prejudice on the basis of ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or similar grounds.
I agree it's not a nice song but for many reasons I am struggling with the idea that
Incestophobia is as bad as homophobia.

Still maybe I don't have as strong an opinion about it because I don't know anyone affected by it. Well apart from my wife and sister, but she's got a pretty good sense of humour.

Nah sorry I just don't think they are really comparable.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
I agree it's not a nice song but for many reasons I am struggling with the idea that
Incestophobia is as bad as homophobia.

Still maybe I don't have as strong an opinion about it because I don't know anyone affected by it.

Imagine a homophobic person using this line as a defence to their homophobic chants...

Abuse is abuse and offence is offence, while there are different levels and degrees but there's a line that can't be crossed

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

If you’re trying to set the record for most stupid posts in 24 hours then fair play, it’s a cracking effort.

A song about incest is stupid, crass and not as funny as the idiots who sing it think it is. However comparing is incest to homosexuality is moronic. Why not go the whole hog and compare two men getting married to somebody marrying a dog?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here