Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The leaving early problem

gazzaa2

Feb 28, 2009
Is it down to what's happening on the pitch in a game, or is it a consequence of how awkward the ground is to get away from? Particularly those who are looking to avoid the queues for the train.

It's a bit like the Emirates where they all leave early in the dash for the tube.

tube train

Sep 10, 2009
I left early due to the train situ... if i leave 2 mins before the end im home nearly an hour earlier and had to be up at 6 this morning

the result had nothing to do with it... i wouldnt leave for the result / performance

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I stayed til the end, had a beer in the ground afterwards, strolled down to the station, got on a train straight away.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Transport issue for me at night games, would never leave early on a Saturday game (remember them?)

devonsi

"By-The-Sea"
Dec 26, 2008
Plymouth
WhatAFuckin!Shambles! We're only Makin it worse for ourselves apparently... Cos when the PoxyTransport,Parking,Pints,Pie's&
Poyet'sPatheticPassingPlonkers, have deserted us (mugs) there employers long (1hour) B4 & against Palarse Pikeys... ¿ we decide we might as well FuckOff! (back to Plymouth)aswell ... TWAT'S! :p
We don't want your appologies BHAFC, i've always been given to understand that you have to really care to apologise, but as YOUR! employers, we do want you to, as my boss would say, Fuckin Get On With it & stop Fuckin Whingeing at the the poor sods who have, long before & after you've gone, relatively speaking, given far more time, money & passion to OUR! beloved BHAFC! than you can shake a hairy stick at... !

Ps. I'm really angry now!

WhatAFuckin!Shambles! We're only Makin it worse for ourselves apparently... Cos when the PoxyTransport,Parking,Pints,Pie's&
Poyet'sPatheticPassingPlonkers, have deserted us (mugs) there employers long (1hour) B4 & against Palarse Pikeys... ¿ we decide we might as well FuckOff! (back to Plymouth)aswell ... TWAT'S! :p
We don't want your appologies BHAFC, i've always been given to understand that you have to really care to apologise, but as YOUR! employers, we do want you to, as my boss would say, Fuckin Get On With it & stop Fuckin Whingeing at the the poor sods who have, long before & after you've gone, relatively speaking, given far more time, money & passion to OUR! beloved BHAFC! than you can shake a hairy stick at... !

what the hell are you on about?

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
Much easier to stay to the end and stand about drinking a couple of pints in the North stand for an hour than wait around on the ramp near the station for an hour waiting for a Seaford train.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I think the transport reason is legitimate, but it does beg the question that if people had to leave early against Palace, why didn't they have to leave early against Sunderland or Gillingham? Leaving aside the fact that the Palace result wasn't in doubt before the final whistle (and I'm not going to get into a 'bad fan' debate) I think that if people see crowds of others leaving then there is a temptation to leave as well in case you find yourself at the back of the queue.

Do the bars open before the final whistle? If I'd been there last night I might have been tempted to leave my seat early so that I could get on with drowning my sorrows a bit quicker.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
I've started to leave at 87 mins for night games as it means I get home 45 mins to an hour earlier. If the trains were more frequent I would stay until the whistle whatever the score was.

Decode

Jan 25, 2010
Never left a game early in my life until last night and that 3rd goal went in. Would never leave if the result was in the balance.

Even leaving early, we didn't get much of a jump on the trains, being an honest fan it was just an attempt to avoid any trouble. Got home at midnight, long night.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Right so no one ever left the Goldstone early and as for Withdean please don't make me laugh...

However I did leave when Murray scored and I have only ever done this once before (4-0 down at Brentford and one train an hour from Clapham). There will be plenty of opportunities to salute the players, when they deserve it.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Hi, do you speak English?

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
I think the majority probably left yesterday to get in the train/bus queues before the Palace fans descended and any possibility of a skirmish along with them. I stayed until the end, probably more because I was stunned into disbelief at what was occurring. I ended up with about a 20 minute wait in the train queue (whilst Palace fans spat down from above, and Albion fans jumped over barriers to queue jump). Got back to Burgess Hill for about 2245. And then picked up my car and drove home to Luton which took 3 hours due to roadworks on the M23 and an entire closure on the M25/M4 junction. In bed for 0200, and up for work at 0545.

Hardcore.

JOKYLE

Feb 26, 2009
i drive from stafford for every home game only missed 1 this season got home at 1.15pm and have to be up for work at 6am not left a game early before just felt so

dissapointed .

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
It is a feature of modern grounds, although pro rata I don't think it is any better or worse than Withdean.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Respect Razi!

I can understand everyone leaving when Murray scored the 3rd. At 2-1 we can always equalise but that really tipped it over the edge and I don't blame anyone for leaving to try and get a train before the Palace hoardes descended on the station.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here