Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The latest NSC Martyr is .... (NSF)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Just to clarify, I have headed up this thread NSF (North Stand Flounce). This should not be mistakend for NSFW (Not Safe For Work).

That is all.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
HJ makes a sensible response to British Bulldogs post and he lays into him for absolutely no reason. I would have said it's typical of the way the kids have been trying to act out their little tough boy images but the man is 45 for christs sakes!

If you're going to have censorship/bannings on here you should put it to a general vote.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
n1 gull said:
I think it would be really dangerous to get into censorship. I think debate is healthy and we can argue against bigotry etc. Some of the floucing going on at the moment is pathetic. Lets face it Uncle Speilberg left because of a few jokes about a horse and DTG (who I personally really like) has left because of a picture a singer on a chat show (ffs).

All the time I've been on NSC there are people saying 'is this the worst time ever on here?' I think its a hell of lot better than when Dwayne was being a twat.

If there's a right wing element on here at the moment, maybe that reflects society at the moment and lets not pretend its not happening, but fight it with healthy debate. If people are flouncing and not up for the fight, thats a shame but thats just the way it has to be. I'm sure after a break, most will come back and no grudges will be held.

N1 gull.... we don't want censorship... or at least I don't. As a Muslim I could take offense at quite a few things on here but it's water off a duck's back. However, foul and abusive behaviour is different and banning people who do this should be not be labelled as an attempt at censorship..... surely the right to freedom of speech ýncludes the respsnsibilýty to treaty each other with respect?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
magoo said:
HJ makes a sensible response to British Bulldogs post and he lays into him for absolutely no reason. I would have said it's typical of the way the kids have been trying to act out their little tough boy images but the man is 45 for christs sakes!

If you're going to have censorship/bannings on here you should put it to a general vote.

I agree... however.... looking at recent polls there seems to be more of the 'I post every second' crowd who vote. On something like this it should be EVERYONE who votes, not just those who can turn NSC on for the whole day every day.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
SULLY COULDNT SHOOT said:
N1 gull.... we don't want censorship... or at least I don't. As a Muslim I could take offense at quite a few things on here but it's water off a duck's back. However, foul and abusive behaviour is different and banning people who do this should be not be labelled as an attempt at censorship..... surely the right to freedom of speech ýncludes the respsnsibilýty to treaty each other with respect?

And i'm sure most of us on here are like that in real life, but there's an element of people on here that feel safe behind their anonymity and will rip into people for the slightest thing.

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
SULLY COULDNT SHOOT said:

Totally agree. To compare this with the Uncle Spielberg and DTG incidents is nonsense. They were about interpretation of offense, whereas this was just basic abuse.

I'm not flouncing but there certainly isn't much fun / interest around here at the moment.

Last edited:

Sid James said:

I'm not flouncing but there certainly isn't much fun / interest around here at the moment.

And hasn't been for a while-at times NSC reminds me of a school playground. Have Rivals closed their boards?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
n1 gull said:
I think it would be really dangerous to get into censorship.
You're ignoring something crucial, unfortunately: there are a lot of Nazi/BNP types on here and they're streaming stuff onto here in order for it to be read by a greater public. Are you cool with that? I'm not.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Man of Harveys said:
You're ignoring something crucial, unfortunately: there are a lot of Nazi/BNP types on here and they're streaming stuff onto here in order for it to be read by a greater public. Are you cool with that? I'm not.

Of course I'm not cool with it, but should the BNP be banned and after we ban them who next?

I just think its a really complex issue and free speach is at the heart of everything I believe in. I may detest the view, but does that mean the view shouldn't be aired?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
n1 gull said:
Of course I'm not cool with it, but should the BNP be banned and after we ban them who next?

I just think its a really complex issue and free speach is at the heart of everything I believe in. I may detest the view, but does that mean the view shouldn't be aired?
Thank you, Voltaire...

It's not complex at all: no-one's saying "ban someone whose views I don't agree with". But for the sewage of the BNP to be diverted straight onto a Brighton and Hove Albion message board is to the detriment of everyone: the club, the majority of its supporters. If that's what they're so interested in, they should discuss in a separate forum for colour- and race-obsessives, as I've suggested.

Besides, as, I think, Looney has already found out when he posted highly dubious picture, or Watford O when he thought an NSCers infant mortality was funny, NSC IS already censored and rightly so. Do you have a problem with that too?

Last edited:

Hmmm not sure MOH, I think the best way to deal with these losers is for people to argue against them and show them that their horrible little views are unaceptable. As soon as more than one person argues against them they dissapear, just like in the Russell Brand film.

Moving on, did you go on Saturday ? Are you goig to Millwall ?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
bhaexpress said:
I've just read the thread and although Joe had a point I can't help thinking that Bulldog's intemperate langauge was intended to be tongue in cheek.

actually i thought Bulldog is/was being a complete muppet. anyone who says f*** off **** to someone 3 times, is just trying to use swearing because they think it makes them look hard. hard to believe the person is old enough to actualy have a job frankly.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Members who flounce should get a nice little logo under there avatar...any suggestions? :O

Ray the Otter

Apr 7, 2006
by the riverbank
I registered here some months ago, made a few posts and then decided not to bother anymore, just to lurk and read every now and then instead, until now that is.

The reason I stopped posting was because I commented on a post regarding Leon Knight in which the poster stated he hoped Leon had both his legs broken when he returned to Withdean to play for Swansea. I said I thought, and still do, that is in bad taste and that a civilised person should not wish that on anyone. I said that having had my own leg badly broken it was far from a joking matter. This may be seen as a sensitive view to some to post on a football messageboard and I was prepared to get some ribbing but what I didn't expect was a load of personal abuse.

It seems there are a nasty little minority who think it is perfectly fair to abuse other posters who find racism, sexism, religious intolerence and voilence objectionable. I wasn't prepared to put up with it so I walked away. I understand totally why Joe has done the same thing. Having read his (and others) arguments with these thugs over the last few months I'm surprised he stuck around for as long as he did. The 'virtual pub' argument only goes so far. Pubs and public places are largley self censoring for this reason; if you used such language and abuse towards another customer in such a place you would almost certainly be ejected, probably barred and possibly flattened by the victim of the abuse. The keyboard warriors on here have no such natural restraints so feel they can abuse with impunity. They even seem to be delighting in driving long standing, entertaining and popular posters away. This schoolboy bullying tactic of abusing anyone who dares argue against their views is in danger of destroying this forum so anything that stops that from happening would be welcome in my opinion.

It has nothing to do with censorship or freedom of speach and everything to do with respect and civilised behaviour. If they really were as patriotic as they claim to be they'd know about these values and show more maturity than they do at present.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Ray the Otter said:
I registered here some months ago, made a few posts and then decided not to bother anymore, just to lurk and read every now and then instead, until now that is.

The reason I stopped posting was because I commented on a post regarding Leon Knight in which the poster stated he hoped Leon had both his legs broken when he returned to Withdean to play for Swansea. I said I thought, and still do, that is in bad taste and that a civilised person should not wish that on anyone. I said that having had my own leg badly broken it was far from a joking matter. This may be seen as a sensitive view to some to post on a football messageboard and I was prepared to get some ribbing but what I didn't expect was a load of personal abuse.

It seems there are a nasty little minority who think it is perfectly fair to abuse other posters who find racism, sexism, religious intolerence and voilence objectionable. I wasn't prepared to put up with it so I walked away. I understand totally why Joe has done the same thing. Having read his (and others) arguments with these thugs over the last few months I'm surprised he stuck around for as long as he did. The 'virtual pub' argument only goes so far. Pubs and public places are largley self censoring for this reason; if you used such language and abuse towards another customer in such a place you would almost certainly be ejected, probably barred and possibly flattened by the victim of the abuse. The keyboard warriors on here have no such natural restraints so feel they can abuse with impunity. They even seem to be delighting in driving long standing, entertaining and popular posters away. This schoolboy bullying tactic of abusing anyone who dares argue against their views is in danger of destroying this forum so anything that stops that from happening would be welcome in my opinion.

It has nothing to do with censorship or freedom of speach and everything to do with respect and civilised behaviour. If they really were as patriotic as they claim to be they'd know about these values and show more maturity than they do at present.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

So, please Mods act like barmen and eject them.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Ray the Otter said:

Well said!The lack of respect and civilised behaviour is what I've been trying to say - you've said it far better than me! :clap:

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Why not give out 48 hour bans for foul and ABUSIVE language towards other posters?

If you started giving them out willy-nilly then people would start to get the idea and then it might make people think twice?

Sep 12, 2006
i don't know what all the fuss is about, but i guess:

a. i'm not on this enough to know what is going on
b. i have a understanding that this is a internet forum where it is easier for people to hide behind the privacy of the internet and be offensive. its better to chill out rather than get too excited about the goings on of nsc. there are gonna be idiots wherever you go in life, but no-one achieves anything by mincing off (sorry had enough of that flounce word)... i find it amusing that it is likely that all the mincers are reading this desperately trying not to post and break their self absorbed flouncing.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
ali jenkins said:
Why not give out 48 hour bans for foul and ABUSIVE language towards other posters?

If you started giving them out willy-nilly then people would start to get the idea and then it might make people think twice?

Something like this would be a step in the right direction, and, as a last resort banning permanently after say three 48 Hour bans. No questions, and no hope of ever being a member of the site again.

We could call it the "NSC Initiative"

Last edited:

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Superphil said:
Something like this would be a step in the right direction, and, as a last resort banning permanently after say three 48 Hour bans. No questions, and no hope of ever being a member of the site again.

We could call it the "NSC Initiative"

I am getting round to putting a picture of my shirt on the interweb for you Phil, ive got the picture, its just the software that needs up-loading on my PC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here