Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

the last time we lost away to top flight club in FAcup?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
southampton?

oops i misread the "away" bit

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Old Trafford ,Manchester United, a Ryan Giggs free kick?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
same season as we had them in the league cup

Matthew Edwards' moment of glory

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I remember Nicky Bisset haviung a blinder up there until Giggs cracked that free kick in.

Smithers-Jones

Mar 26, 2004
Eltham
Man U away in 93. Denied a sure fire pen when Mad Dog Kennedy was brought down. Unfortunately, as he had made a career out of going down like a complete girl-pants everytime he got near the area his reputation went against him.Even Des reckoned we were done when it was on MOTD that night. Also remember a long ball into the corner near the Albion fans...its a 2 horse race...Ryan Giggs in a straight chase against Clive Walker! No contest really, Flash just pipped him to it and was too knackered to do anything for the rest of the match:D

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
http://www3.mistral.co.uk/timc/bhares/fa_cup.htm

When was the only time we won away against a top flight club?

Liverpool 1983.

I think we drew against Manchester United and Liverpool when we were in lower Leagues. But that is it, at least since the last War.

And in the League Cup against Man United, I was disappointed whan Gigg was dropped for the Goldstone match and an unknown right winger called Beckham played instead. It was a pity that Giggs played in the FA Cup match at Old Trafford. Only Clive Walker showed for the Albion in that match. Old Trafford was about an intimidating as Withdean on a bad day.

I am still waiting for Giggs to surprise everyone and score from a free kick in another match, but it doesn't semed to have happened.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
On a slightly different note, how many of you went to Anfield the season before (I think) for the FA4 round. Now that was one hell of a day. 5,500 Brighton up there (i went up on the special train), 0-2 10 minutes into the 2nd half (think Rush got them) then Small scoring from the spot and then that vision of Johnny Byrne flying through the air to head Brighton level will stay with me forever.

Football genius marking Barns out of the game etc....what a day. The replay was pretty gripping stuff too !!!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
jevs said:
On a slightly different note, how many of you went to Anfield the season before (I think) for the FA4 round. Now that was one hell of a day. 5,500 Brighton up there (i went up on the special train), 0-2 10 minutes into the 2nd half (think Rush got them) then Small scoring from the spot and then that vision of Johnny Byrne flying through the air to head Brighton level will stay with me forever.

Football genius marking Barns out of the game etc....what a day. The replay was pretty gripping stuff too !!!
was there too, we all had jcfg shirts

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
i was at Man U game and the Liverpool one.

2 of my best days supporting the Albion...escpecially the Liverpool game, waving to the scousers as they started leaving 5 mins before the end was a magnifient moment.

I dont think Dalglish lasted long after that game, I think it was that classic 4-4 with Everton in the next round after us and then he went.

:lolol:

Last edited:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
kinkygerbil said:
when was the ;ast time we played a top flight club away?

were Leicester top flight when Stuart Munday scored THAT goal? Not FA cup I know, but I think they were in the Prem at the time

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
pevenseagull said:
were Leicester top flight when Stuart Munday scored THAT goal? Not FA cup I know, but I think they were in the Prem at the time

That was the game Jimmy Case booked for feigning deafness as well :lol:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
.......and Leicester was in the grip of some old plague or other

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
perseus said:
http://www3.mistral.co.uk/timc/bhares/fa_cup.htm

And in the League Cup against Man United, I was disappointed whan Gigg was dropped for the Goldstone match and an unknown right winger called Beckham played instead. It was a pity that Giggs played in the FA Cup match at Old Trafford. Only Clive Walker showed for the Albion in that match. Old Trafford was about an intimidating as Withdean on a bad day.

I am still waiting for Giggs to surprise everyone and score from a free kick in another match, but it doesn't semed to have happened.

My memory sometimes plays me tricks but my recollection is that Beckham came on as a substitute in that game.

Have I got that wrong and did Becks play from the start?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Beckham came on for Kanchelskis

what ever happened to him?

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Gwylan said:
My memory sometimes plays me tricks but my recollection is that Beckham came on as a substitute in that game.

Have I got that wrong and did Becks play from the start?

came on as sub, first ever FA Cup appearance for him I think

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here