Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Last Of Us (PS3, out on June 14)

drop dead fred

Mar 8, 2011
Tough situation. Was probably going to get a PS4 but have an Xbox360 and have no plans to buy a PS3 unless I see one for a bargain price. This definitely won't a) come to Xbox or b) be playable on PS4 will it?

Sony has kept backwards compatibility, unlike Microsoft

Decode

Jan 25, 2010
Sony has kept backwards compatibility, unlike Microsoft

Its not backwards compatible day one, but in the future we may be able to stream games through Gaikai. I think its a bit of a long shot waiting to play The Last of Us on PS4 anyway.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
This game is fantstic, so much better then uncharted, I didnt evemn think thatwould have been possible.

Im about an hour in and want to finish work already to go and play it.

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
Might go and grab this game is it simply amazing? Gonna check some reviews first. Sainsburys best have it in now that blockbuster are down

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I love it - been playing it all day and I'm just after halfway through I think

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
The opening sequence was truly mindblowing, so tense and atmospheric stumbling around the dark house, I was absolutely shitting myself. I'm not that far into it but absolutely loving it at the moment. Can see why it got such brilliant reviews. Some were touting it as the best game ever made - big statement that, but judging on what I've seen so far, it won't be far off.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
This game is very good, have been playing it on my hacked console for a few days already and quite far in, It will be available on the ps4 on launch day, but if you really want to see the power of the ps4 go on youtube and look at the game deep down or watchdogs, the graphics will blow your mind!

Mind has been BLOWN

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Just finished it.

Stunning, epic, and an unadulterated masterpiece from start to finish.

If this is a sign of things to come as this generation ends and the new one begins... well, this will be a truly golden age of storytelling in games

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Just made it over the finishing line. Sublime stuff. Gameplay kinda felt like the best bits of Resident Evil 4 and Uncharted combined, I just really hope they continue it as a series.

Now to crack on with Survivor mode, followed by Survivor +. Gotta catch all them comics, as well.

jeconnaughton

Nov 4, 2010
willyfantastic is just jealous as his copy still hasn't arrived. That said, his flatmate who has the week off is equally unamused that it hasn't arrived yet...

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Cant wait to get home from work, started this yesterday and been struggling to tear myself away from my PS3 since.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
*POSSIBLE SPOILERS DONT READ IF STILL PLAYING*

Finished this last night, time was just over 16 hours but may have left the controller idle at some points. Got most of the tooling and parts had some of my weapons at max level before the end. Excellent story, didn't want it to end. I thought it would have been good if you had a choice at the end in the room or with Marlene but pretty satisfied with the ending, even though it was a bit disheartening.

Leaves the story open for continuation.

What happens when you start the new game +? Do you keep some items or weapons?

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
What happens when you start the new game +? Do you keep some items or weapons?

You keep all your upgrades on Joel, the weapons and your tool skill level (of which I think there are only 5).

Annoyingly, you can't start new game plus on a higher difficulty than you've already finished a normal game on, which means two more playthroughs for me. Luckily there's a lot of stuff I missed anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here