Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The last lot of Olympic tickets went on sale today...

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
i got a group match at wembley
KOREA REPUBLIC V GABON
which one should I support I'm edging towards gabon

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Just had a quick look online to see what was available and managed to get tickets for Beach Volleyball at Horse Guards Parade on the Saturday befor I go on holiday. Get to see two mens and two womens matches.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
...and I managed to bag two tickets for the track cycling! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Seriously, couldn't be more excited.

Anyone else strike lucky?

No, I'm bloody unlucky.

I went through all the initial registering etc. right up to applying for 2 sets of athletics and 2 sets of swimming in initial ballot. Didn't get anything.

Daughter told me Sunday morning she had got 4 tickets for chosen event so I went on line to buy some only to be told I was not eligible. Whilst the system recognised me said I did not qualify as I hadn't applied in original ballot. WTF is this about. Obviously my first application was made using Visa card but no record of that in their system either.

Tried to phone and lines to busy-call again. Repeat.Repeat. Emailed, no reply.

Pissed off with the whole bloody thing. Looks like TV again for everything.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I'm hopefully going to get a couple of tickets for me and my Dad to see the sailing in Weymouth. He really enjoys boats and that sort of thing, so I guess this will be his birthday present.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Just bagged 4 tickets for the Basketball quarter-finals, which involves two games. Praying that USA are in one of them, although to be fair, the last 8 teams will be pretty good anyway. woohoo!

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
Got four tickets for the Saturday evening session at the Olympic Stadium to watch mens Long Jump Final, Womens Hepthalon 800m and ceremony and also the womens 100m final, plus lots of other events for that evening so well chuffed.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Was working last Friday but the missis bagged two veledrome tickets (re start of post). On Monday after trying 500 times with no joy over the weekend, 2 tickets popped up for Athlectics on the Wednesday night, was well peed off with the process but shows in this round percerverance pays off.

Will now see

Mens and Womens road race, hopefully around box hill.

Mens and Womens time trial around Richmond park.

Womens team pursuit in the veledrome, come on Laura, Dani and Jo

Mens and Womens Atlectics.

May also try and pop up for the Marathons as the course is all central London.

2012 bring it on

If it lets you log on this is whats being released today/tomorrow

16 May - Basketball (North Greenwich Arena sessions), Badminton, Sailing, Gymnastics (Artistic), Gymnastics (Rhythmic), Gymnastics (Trampoline), Judo, Taekwondo, Boxing and Fencing
17 May - Archery, Basketball (Basketball Arena sessions), Cycling (BMX), Cycling (Mountain Bike), Cycling (Road), Modern Pentathlon, Rowing, Triathlon and Olympic Park tickets

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Just got 4 tickets for the first Sunday afternoon session of the badminton at Wembley Arena. My two daughters are both serious badminton players so this has gone down a treat in the Spiros household

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
We have been on the olympic park for the Track cycling and it looks fantastic, hoping to make a day of it by getting tickets to go up the orbit and doing the walk around all the pavillions, watching the early stuff on the big screens, you can get a boat there from Tottenham Hale but at £95 return including champange may stick to the tube...

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
No, I'm bloody unlucky.

I went through all the initial registering etc. right up to applying for 2 sets of athletics and 2 sets of swimming in initial ballot. Didn't get anything.

Daughter told me Sunday morning she had got 4 tickets for chosen event so I went on line to buy some only to be told I was not eligible. Whilst the system recognised me said I did not qualify as I hadn't applied in original ballot. WTF is this about. Obviously my first application was made using Visa card but no record of that in their system either.

Tried to phone and lines to busy-call again. Repeat.Repeat. Emailed, no reply.

Pissed off with the whole bloody thing. Looks like TV again for everything.

Well, a stroke of luck. Looking through various email accounts I have found one addressed to my wife. Apparently, which I can't remember, we also signed her up originally. Found email saying she was entitled to apply for tickets and tonight got 4 for same event as daughter and co., but had to buy dearer seats. Oh well.
Well chuffed now!!!

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Well, a stroke of luck. Looking through various email accounts I have found one addressed to my wife. Apparently, which I can't remember, we also signed her up originally. Found email saying she was entitled to apply for tickets and tonight got 4 for same event as daughter and co., but had to buy dearer seats. Oh well.
Well chuffed now!!!

Great news, seems everyone eligible in this round has got tickets.

Is it general sale for the remaining tomorrow as the flame touches down at Heathrow.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God

Not much. But thats far more down to the amazing demand than corporate fat cats. The UK public has gone made for Olympics tickets, far more than for previous games. In Beijing there were lots and lots of sports sessions with half empty stadiums. Outside of the football in Scotland and Cardiff that isn't going to happen here. And for the big events its not the corporates that will be getting the tickets but foreign dignataries and the media. In actual fact, most of the sponsors tickets will be going to the public via competitions than going to the chief execs and their cronies.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
For anyone interested, there's still plenty of handball tickets available.... Note at Sydney olympics handball was voted the best spectator sport of the games or the most enjoyable to watch, something like that. I can't wait, we've got an afternoon of two handball games (great seats for only £40 in one of the new arenas, small capacity so should be a good view) followed by cheap £20 hockey tickets. All in the olympic park so can have a good look round at the other venues and soak up the atmosphere. Transport from east croydon (spit) free with the ticket. Bloody brilliant if you ask me!! Can't wait.
Oh yeah plus track cycling a few days later.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Men's & Women's Team Sprint Qualifiers, Semi Finals, Finals and Medal Ceremony for me. :thumbsup:

Just had my ticket delivered - I hadn't realised that you also get a free all-zones Travelcard for use on the day, which is handy. Getting quite excited about the whole thing now. :D

I've got the Olympics on the 2nd of August, Albion vs. Chelsea on the 4th of August and FDM's testimonial on the 7th of August - not a bad few days. :clap: :clap:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Just had my ticket delivered - I hadn't realised that you also get a free all-zones Travelcard for use on the day, which is handy. Getting quite excited about the whole thing now. :D

I've got the Olympics on the 2nd of August, Albion vs. Chelsea on the 4th of August and FDM's testimonial on the 7th of August - not a bad few days. :clap: :clap:

In that case you probably don't realise you can get special discounted train tickets up to the edge of the travel zone as well

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here