Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The King's Speech

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Definitely…….wish I could have done that for the eulogy at my sister’s funeral. Hardest thing I’ve ever done.

I like Charlie, think he’ll be good - although v concerned about his health. Oedema very evident, points to possible heart issues.

View attachment 151721
Did he lose a bit of his finger trying to tug his wedding to Diana ring off?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Truss has a very unfortunate smirky grin on her face all the time, apart from her just being unfortunate.

Other than that I thought Charles Mk III did really well, heartfelt and spot on. Unlike what appears to be a lot on here, I like having a monarchy like we have - head of state without the control of a dictator. Been ok for me in my lifetime. Maybe it’s a generation thing.

Republicans always remind me of that quote “they know the price of everything and the value of nothing”

Bean counters really. Pleased the majority of people support the Monarchy.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Republicans always remind me of that quote “they know the price of everything and the value of nothing”

Why are you having a pop at republicans, who in the main have been respectful of the Queen's death? I for one am very respectful of the Queen, she was a good servant to this country.

But "the price of everything and the value of nothing". You what? It's like the whole Prince Andrew thing never happened.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

The argument for the abolition of the Monarchy will only grow stronger now the Queen is dead and while the privileged continue to exploit their connections and amass their wealth while ordinary people struggle in this fuxked up world.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Nsc at it's finest. A positive non-political thread expressing appreciation of a fine speech from a man that has lost his mother to a country that has lost it's Matriarch, turns into Truss is fake as **** and Truss has an unfortunate smirky grin. This board is so tiresome at times. I have no problem with people that have a different political view to mine and I know I'm swimming against the tide on this board, but for f***s sake, Liz Truss has had a he'll of a lot on her plate and obviously wasn't expecting to deal with this right now. I think she has coped admirably. Cue the leftwaffe to hurl their insults as usual. Don't bother, I promise you I won't bother reading them.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The argument for the abolition of the Monarchy will only grow stronger now the Queen is dead and while the privileged continue to exploit their connections and amass their wealth while ordinary people struggle in this fuxked up world.

Perhaps. Think we can separate the Queen from all the plutocrats, technocrats etc too. She was unquestionably a force for good, as people of all persuasions are paying tribute to currently.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Nsc at it's finest. A positive non-political thread expressing appreciation of a fine speech from a man that has lost his mother to a country that has lost it's Matriarch, turns into Truss is fake as **** and Truss has an unfortunate smirky grin. This board is so tiresome at times. I have no problem with people that have a different political view to mine and I know I'm swimming against the tide on this board, but for f***s sake, Liz Truss has had a he'll of a lot on her plate and obviously wasn't expecting to deal with this right now. I think she has coped admirably. Cue the leftwaffe to hurl their insults as usual. Don't bother, I promise you I won't bother reading them.

Literally any thread on nsc is fly paper for people wanting to make it political.

Thankfully Bozza sometimes steps in and tells folk to stick to topic or bugger off.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Why are you having a pop at republicans, who in the main have been respectful of the Queen's death? I for one am very respectful of the Queen, she was a good servant to this country.

But "the price of everything and the value of nothing". You what? It's like the whole Prince Andrew thing never happened.

Merely alluding to my Republican friends tiresome arguments which are always fiscal. As if that’s all that (bean) counts :)

As for Andrew, bad apples and misguided fools in every family. Just ask your other half…;)

Btw, love a bit of “you wot?”. Reminds me of 80s.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
looking at Fat Fingers I reckon young Wills needs to get ready.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

But it isn't only the monarchy. Everybody does it if they can. Look no further than your own avatar for someone who has exploited 'their connections and amass their wealth'. Should we abolish Premier League footballers, managers and coaches and indeed the Premier League itself which is rammed full of people who 'earn' more per minute than members of the Royal Family? The argument may grow stronger for abolition of the monarchy, but the reaction to the passing of our queen suggests the opposite is more likely.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Absolutely.

Perhaps you don't need to be a 'monarchist' to have affection for our systems and people. I am also in favour of conservation without being a conservative.

And despite my being an athiest, God save the King.

Funny old world.

My feelings exactly….. except for the atheist bit.

On principle I would rather have an elected head of state, but if you have to have a monarchy, we could do a lot worse. It brought genuine tears to my eyes and increased my respect for King Charles the third no end.

Paid good tribute to his mother and her 70 years of service, and encouraged me to trust that he will do the same, and all that from somebody who had very obviously just lost his beloved mother.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Not a bloody chance in hell I'd of been able to speak like that so soon after my mum passed,fair play Long live the King.

Thank you very much

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Perhaps. Think we can separate the Queen from all the plutocrats, technocrats etc too. She was unquestionably a force for good, as people of all persuasions are paying tribute to currently.

Yes, a genuinely good person doing good things whilst being disgustingly rich based on inheritance within a structure of monarchy passing down to dukes, earls, viscounts, marquisses all going to private school creating an elite from which the ruling classes almost exclusively come.

The rest of us are pissing in the wind. After a hard week I discover I have no football, presumably because of FA deference as some royal was head of the FA? What has that royal ever done for football? Have they got us a World Cup to host? No, it's just another title to make us all bow down.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Yes, a genuinely good person doing good things whilst being disgustingly rich based on inheritance within a structure of monarchy passing down to dukes, earls, viscounts, marquisses all going to private school creating an elite from which the ruling classes almost exclusively come.

The rest of us are pissing in the wind. After a hard week I discover I have no football, presumably because of FA deference as some royal was head of the FA? What has that royal ever done for football? Have they got us a World Cup to host? No, it's just another title to make us all bow down.
You've got a point

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here