Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The King is dead. Long live the King.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
He was Albion's MOTM while he was on the pitch in that pre-season friendly with Athletico Madrid. His second-half injury killed his Brighton career and it actually meant that Propper played from game one vs Man City. He was much more than a just a good Championship player.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
A really important player for the Albion, we were struggling when he came in and he was one of the catalyst for where we are now. Sad to see him go. Great memories.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Agreed, when he came in to our first team he was head and shoulders above the rest in quality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Great player for us.really enjoyed watching him play.he was a key part of our promotion but also got us to wembley(I was gutted he didn't actually get to play after helping get us there.cruel.)sad to see him go. All the best berayam.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Duffy hasn't left yet !

Big Shane was out injured for quite a few games in the run-in to promotion. His absence had me worried, but the BFG was outstanding and Tomori pitched in really well too.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
He was Albion's MOTM while he was on the pitch in that pre-season friendly with Athletico Madrid. His second-half injury killed his Brighton career and it actually meant that Propper played from game one vs Man City. He was much more than a just a good Championship player.

This

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
At least I’ll be able to get a parking space at Waitrose now

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
I must be one of the only to think Kayal was just not good enough at this level. But what do I know? He is not an Albion player that will stick in my mind in years to come.
I do wish the lad well, though.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Yes I agree.i always thought propper was just covering until kayal got fit then we would have Stephens and kayal back together in the middle and propper free to play in a more attacking role like he does for Holland .but propper stayed in that role and kayal was sidelined and I often thought we were weaker because of that.

Edit.this was meant as a reply to silverhatchs comment

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Beram you are loved and always will be loved in Sussex for what you've done for the Albion.

What a super player and a model professional, and still much to give to his next club.

Jimmy Grimble

I must be one of the only to think Kayal was just not good enough at this level. But what do I know? He is not an Albion player that will stick in my mind in years to come.

Find it staggering that a player who was a key part of our first side to win promotion to the top flight in 35 odd years would not stick in the memory.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Find it staggering that a player who was a key part of our first side to win promotion to the top flight in 35 odd years would not stick in the memory.

Sorry, he just never caught my eye. No malice, I just think he is one of the most overrated players from the Albion faithful.
I am probably just clueless.

Jimmy Grimble

Sorry, he just never caught my eye. No malice, I just think he is one of the most overrated players from the Albion faithful.
I am probably just clueless.

I won’t call you clueless but I will say I think you are very much in a minority on this one.

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2

JCL perhaps?

Agreed at current prem level he’s not quite got it (hence him bidding farewell) however for a couple of seasons him and Stephens completely dominated the midfield against pretty much every team We came up against in the championship....those performances certainly stick in my mind

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
JCL perhaps?

Agreed at current prem level he’s not quite got it (hence him bidding farewell) however for a couple of seasons him and Stephens completely dominated the midfield against pretty much every team We came up against in the championship....those performances certainly stick in my mind

Not sure what you mean jcl?

Stephens made that partnership from my viewpoint, we were set up as very tight unit, Kayal could never play in a Potter team. Please ignore me, like I said I appear to be in the minority.I hope he enjoyed his time with us.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Beram was a great part of our recent history. Can only wish him well. Top bloke on and off the pitch for our club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here