Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The key to beating Boro

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Stop our back four conceding silly free kicks just outside of the penalty box with reckless challenges and we will be ok. That big word concentration for 90 mins to the job in hand.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Give Rhodes a free shot from six yards...he tends to play cross bar challenge from there..that's what £9m buys you.;

I don't like posts like this. Especially with us still to play them in what will probably a Promotion decider. Not that I particularly disagree with it. I am just afraid that the next Headline might be ''That's what £9 million buys you'' if he scores the winner against us that denies us Promotion.

I would rather wait till after the Boro game to say something so long as we are up by then.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
the trick is not to give away silly free kicks in our half which we have a habit of.

...and run at them in theirs so Knocky and Jiri get to do their stuff. Whenever we get a free kick in a decent area we look bloody dangerous now - Skalak in particular.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Middleborough's strength is their defence but judging by last night Richie De Laet will not be able to handle The Knock and Hemed will have success against the centre backs. We just need concentration at the back.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Stop Gaston Ramirez......

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Middleborough's strength is their defence but judging by last night Richie De Laet will not be able to handle The Knock and Hemed will have success against the centre backs. We just need concentration at the back.

Was a bit surprised by how poor De Laet looked. Though he was just a stand-in for the excellent George Friend, who you'd assume would be straight back in the side when he's fit.

Didn't think Konstantonopolous looked all that in goal either. Bag of nerves. Nearly gifted Blues a goal early when he flapped at a soft shot but Donaldon scuffed the rebound. I'm convinced he should have done better with Birmingham's first goal too. Chocolate wrists.

That said, Ayala is probably the best centre half in the league, and whilst Gibson isn't up at that level, as a pairing, they're very solid indeed. Hope Jiri is bang on the money with his deliveries.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Was a bit surprised by how poor De Laet looked. Though he was just a stand-in for the excellent George Friend, who you'd assume would be straight back in the side when he's fit.

Didn't think Konstantonopolous looked all that in goal either. Bag of nerves. Nearly gifted Blues a goal early when he flapped at a soft shot but Donaldon scuffed the rebound. I'm convinced he should have done better with Birmingham's first goal too. Chocolate wrists.

That said, Ayala is probably the best centre half in the league, and whilst Gibson isn't up at that level, as a pairing, they're very solid indeed. Hope Jiri is bang on the money with his deliveries.

I don't disagree but Donaldson outmuscled them a fair bit last night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here