Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Judge

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Dear Mr Barber; don't victimise our Judge. He is the Albion version of Harry the Dog.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Can someone who has spoken to the judge, or, even better, him himself please post what he is alleged to have done? As many others have said, it can't be just singing loudly, Shirley? There have been allusions to intimidation, which could easily lead to a ban, but I've yet to see anything on this thread that comes close to intimidation, imo. There's also been the suggestion that it's not so much one incident, more that it's a cumulative issue over several games.

Someone must know what the allegation(s) is/are?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Whilst we're on the subject of The Judge, someone should tell him that "Go left right left" is a gash, turgid chant that does absolutely NOTHING to improve the atmosphere inside the North, never mind the Amex. There's a reason why it hadn't been heard since about 1988.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Whilst we're on the subject of The Judge, someone should tell him that "Go left right left" is a gash, turgid chant that does absolutely NOTHING to improve the atmosphere inside the North, never mind the Amex. There's a reason why it hadn't been heard since about 1988.

military.png

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It really isn't ! I was in the SWC for the first time on Saturday, and it really is dire compared to the north stand, quiet and boring. I wouldn't swap my north stand season ticket for a seat in the south ever again

Definately got potential and they were louder than the North (not hard) when they tried to rally the other stands into the "We're the blah stand, we're the blah stand, we're the blah stand Brighton girls" chant - and that's heard from the opposite end of the ground - NEC (and no it wasn't the Boro fans singing, it was the SWC)

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Not sure what the Judge has actually been accused of. However, starting that witless, uninspiring 'go left' chant is fully deserving of a ban!

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
North seemed more divided than ever on Saturday. I know the subject's been done to death but I really wish it could just unite and make the noise it's capable of.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Definately got potential and they were louder than the North (not hard) when they tried to rally the other stands into the "We're the blah stand, we're the blah stand, we're the blah stand Brighton girls" chant - and that's heard from the opposite end of the ground - NEC (and no it wasn't the Boro fans singing, it was the SWC)
Actually, the Boro fans were singing it, and a few in the SWC sang back, the boro fans were a lot louder (as they should be)

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

I'm totally supportive of anyone who tries to create and maintain some sort of atmosphere at The Amex, but have to agree with this.

It's ridiculous.

muvs

Aug 31, 2011
I have spoken to the Judge first hand yesterday about what was said to him by the Police after the match.

I personally advised him to keep tight lipped, compile a letter to the Club asking why hes is being investigated, why the Police are informing him and why it was carried out in such a public place and manner and that a meeting with the Club should be forthcoming over the next few days. The fact it is on here and he was spoken to so openly after the match can really tarnish somebody's reputation through conjecture. As others have said, not only is The Judge a nice, caring chap, who puts 100% effort into supporting the Albion, he also goes at of his way to help others.

Having attended many a football match with him I can only assume he has been wrongly identified, or a complaint has gone in from somebody who objects to such vocal supporting around them and the club are following up as procedure dictates.

Can someone who has spoken to the judge, or, even better, him himself please post what he is alleged to have done? As many others have said, it can't be just singing loudly, Shirley? There have been allusions to intimidation, which could easily lead to a ban, but I've yet to see anything on this thread that comes close to intimidation, imo. There's also been the suggestion that it's not so much one incident, more that it's a cumulative issue over several games.

Someone must know what the allegation(s) is/are?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I have spoken to the Judge first hand yesterday about what was said to him by the Police after the match.

I personally advised him to keep tight lipped, compile a letter to the Club asking why hes is being investigated, why the Police are informing him and why it was carried out in such a public place and manner and that a meeting with the Club should be forthcoming over the next few days. The fact it is on here and he was spoken to so openly after the match can really tarnish somebody's reputation through conjecture. As others have said, not only is The Judge a nice, caring chap, who puts 100% effort into supporting the Albion, he also goes at of his way to help others.

Having attended many a football match with him I can only assume he has been wrongly identified, or a complaint has gone in from somebody who objects to such vocal supporting around them and the club are following up as procedure dictates.

Sounds like you gave him good advice. I'll back out of this until (if?) more facts are posted about what he is or is not alleged to have done.

Thanks for the reply.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Thirded.

Bloody awful song, said so on the other thread and got slated for it.

Keep singing please Judge (if you are allowed) but please forget the words to that one.
Fourthed. The only "Muppet Show" is provided by the idiot sheep who join in the weekly ego trip.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I'm not a big singer when it comes to matches, but I would be much more inspired if the songs had a bit more wit to the lyrics.

Lyrically, 'go left' is a miserable, stodgy piece. There is nothing that is particularly supportive of our current players, and it's basically just mouthing off about Crystal Palace with cultural references (regarding muppet show) that lack relevance. Akin to trying insult Crystal Palace with some arcane reference to Tiswas. And 'Everywhere we go - people wanna know - who we are' and 'the famous Brighton' are totally laughable. Reeks of supporters with overinflated egos.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I'm surprised there's so much vitriol against "go left". I'd prefer pretty much any song being sung to silence. I don't think "go left" is the best song I've ever heard, not by a long chalk, but it's way better than no song at all. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here