Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Judge

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
This thread is pretty "special" it's gone from The Judge being banned for singing too loudly, to the Judge being intimidating, to nobody liking "left right left" to the atmosphere being shit, then to the OB being involved and people starting to speculate what he's done, to the school shelf being in the wrong place, to the kids not being allowed to sing and then to the kids being louder than the Judges crew!!

Anything else??

Not special at all just a typical NSC thread

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Quite - didn't Darren Balkham once state that the approach adopted by Sussex Police to their operations at The Amex is very low key and generally along the lines of 'Policing with the consent' of the majority of well behaved home and away fans? So if they are involved (note 'if') then this matter might be a tad more involved than it may seem. I hope it can be resolved to everyone's satisfaction.

Having met Jules, I'm afraid I just don't believe his actions would deserve police action unless the police had been asked to do something by a steward. And stewards will be enforcing club policy with the same blind compliance they use with all stadium rules.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
-My son is a little uncoordinated and a wee bit of a wimp and I've no problem admitting I've started taking him football training to toughen him up. I do not expect the other lads to come down to his level, I expect him to raise his game to theirs. He's got the whole rest of the week to draw, play music, read and add up.

Thanks for making me laugh me socks off! Oh.....you're serious?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This thread is pretty "special" it's gone from The Judge being banned for singing too loudly, to the Judge being intimidating, to nobody liking "left right left" to the atmosphere being shit, then to the OB being involved and people starting to speculate what he's done, to the school shelf being in the wrong place, to the kids not being allowed to sing and then to the kids being louder than the Judges crew!!

Anything else??

That you're an active part of it, contributing and provoking. I guess that makes you special too! :hilton:

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
Having met Jules, I'm afraid I just don't believe his actions would deserve police action unless the police had been asked to do something by a steward. And stewards will be enforcing club policy with the same blind compliance they use with all stadium rules.

How much do they get told from above though? I mean they must be speaking to someone on their radios??
I don't buy into his "all stewards are on a power trip" malarkey! I think generally the stewards in the north stand are spot on and I've never had an issue with them personally but each to their own I guess?

stugbhafc1

Stuie G
Aug 4, 2011
Southwick
I sit a few rows in front of the judge and he always get things and i do myself when i can get a song in. We had a new lady steward in the north who gave me a friendly warning on sat cause they were trying to get people to sit and i started a chorus of stand up if you hate palace she was really busy not seen her in the north before.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Anything else??

Not special at all just a typical NSC thread

Or conversation down the pub or episode of Question Time. When on earth has a protracted discussion of anything, anywhere stayed purely on topic and stuck rigidly to the facts?

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
That you're an active part of it, contributing and provoking. I guess that makes you special too! :hilton:

Ha ha we're all special on here!

I'm not trying to provoke, just think that people are being too naive that's all, I don't believe for one second the club are trying to ban someone for chanting loudly or chatting something a bit "naughty" there has to be more that's all....

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I understand what you're saying, but it would be very easy for the club to make it clear to first time visitors where they are sitting.

EG on the phone.

"I'd like two tickets in the northwest stand please?"
"I notice from your purchase history that you have never visited the Amex before?"
"That's right. I wanted to bring my timid 96 year-old Mum for the first time."
"Oh in that case, can I suggest the West Stand Lower? Or the East? It's just that the North West is the singing section and it can get a little loud there."
"Oh, ok. That's good to know."
"East or West then?"
"Oh North West please. My Mum's a nutter!"

Or Online:

Press to confirm purchase

'You are purchasing two tickets in the North West Stand. Please note that this is the singing section at the Albion. It is the noisiest part of the ground. Are you sure you wish to proceed?'

EASY

You are bang on right in saying others have rights, but the club should do more to protect all fans. Including the diehards that have been here long before them and will be here long after. I know I'm talking to a diehard as well.

Will never work, far too much common sense in this post. :thumbsup:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Thanks for making me laugh me socks off! Oh.....you're serious?

Yes of course I am.

He goes to a "lovely" school. Single class intake, only 10 boys in his class. No playing field. Tiny playground. And, thanks to the local council's inability to find new school sites and the DFLs seemingly unstoppable ability to breed, recently turned in to an all through primary. He does virtually no PE. He has never played a team game. Every teacher in the school is a female lovey type that infantilizes the older boys.

I take him to football to improve his balance, strength and confidence, to make him more streetwise and to provide a break from the incessant ineffective niceness that constitutes his schooling. Any well rounded parent would.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Yes of course I am.

He goes to a "lovely" school. Single class intake, only 10 boys in his class. No playing field. Tiny playground. And, thanks to the local council's inability to find new school sites and the DFLs seemingly unstoppable ability to breed, recently turned in to an all through primary. He does virtually no PE. He has never played a team game. Every teacher in the school is a female lovey type that infantilizes the older boys.

I take him to football to improve his balance, strength and confidence, to make him more streetwise and to provide a break from the incessant ineffective niceness that constitutes his schooling. Any well rounded parent would.

Send him to Fight Club!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Just wondering if a complaint might have come from the 'school balcony'......having the most vocal support next to the greatest concentration of under 11s in the ground might not be the best idea on reflection. Just a thought.

I was wondering the same and I'm very surprised the club put loads of school kids directly above the singers.
School balcony :)

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
After seeing the singing sections of other grounds, like Dortmund, Munich, The Kop, Newcastle, Celtic Leeds etc etc, i thought the North Stand was our singing and loud stand, i thought that fans had a choice of the atmosphere they wanted to experience. Surely with the West and East and South and North Stands fans can find a place that suits.
Nearing the end of the 3rd season at the Amex, plenty of time to swop/exchange seats. Family stand and the other stands to suit.
Yet still even after all this time some people are either a bit simple and have not realised they are in the wrong stand for their needs.......or they deliberately go in the wrong stand so that they can moan and whinge.
Anyone that does not think a noisy and passionate home crowd does not help the players only has to look at the fans of the clubs that have a great home record.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here