Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The joys of parenthood!

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Anyone else up with their children on this beautiful morning?

My eyes are hanging out my head and my 3rd coffee has had no effect!!

My 1 year old is up running about in her BHA PJ's.

Can't beat being a parent hey?

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
You're not alone! Plus my mrs went out and got pissed last night so will have her to contend with in the morning! bring on kick off!!

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
It doesn't get better, my son is 14 and I'm still up at 5.15 so he can go clean a steam train!

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Yep - up with my two watching Rasta Mouse - the missus' turn for a lie in.

At least Palace will return my good behaviour with a win today....maybe.

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton
Another sleep-deprived father here! Our 1 month-old-twin boys each feed every three hours! Fortunately, their 15-month-old brother sleeps all night till 7!

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Another sleep-deprived father here! Our 1 month-old-twin boys each feed every three hours! Fortunately, their 15-month-old brother sleeps all night till 7!

Good work fella - I feel for you. Can't wait for the tests v India to start. Makes the early session more appealing.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Make the most of it because it FLIES by. Seems like only last year that we'd be taking the kids to football practice, choir, Drusillas, whatever. Then last week our 'baby' (19 year old) son moved out to live away this year for uni and there's now just the two of us rattling around in a four-bedroomed house. :(

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Baby years are great, enjoy them because when the teenage years come...be afraid... be very afraid.

My youngest is 11- he will be up soon and on his DS before he does swimming. My eldest (13) is round a friends house for the weekly sleep over...

Those early days of getting up and watching bear in the big blue house or Blues Clues were great...happy days of innocence and very little outside influence.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Been up since 6.45 with my youngest (2 weeks off her 2nd birthday) but that was a joy compared to the last couple of days. On Thursday she had both of us up at 5.30 and as she did I felt an unmistakable rumbling in my guts. 10 minutes later I was talking to God down the big white telephone. At least the kids are OK I thought only for my 5 year old to then get straight up with diarrhoea. For the next 2 hours each time one of us wanted the loo the other one was on it. Later, recovering on the sofa, the nearly 2 year old threw up all over my legs.

Wouldn't change it for the world mind you.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Our little cherubs woke us up over an hour ago. And and much as I try to explain to my 5 year old son and 4 year old daughter that weekends are for rest and sleep ins, they still insist on waking up slightly earlier than they would for school.
And to make matters worse there's not even my favourite cute presenter on milkshake.

Last edited:

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
I fear that the Peppa Pig theme tune is becoming indellible etched in my mind. Nearly time to go for a kickabout though so not all bad.

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
My boy is nearly 3 and instead of waking up his Mother and I he decides to read a book on his own in his bedroom every morning. Im starting to wonder if there maybe something a little odd about him!

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
My boy is nearly 3 and instead of waking up his Mother and I he decides to read a book on his own in his bedroom every morning. Im starting to wonder if there maybe something a little odd about him!

Geniune LOL.

We've just moved house, so our previously great sleeping 2 yr old has now decided that 3am is time to get into mummy and daddys bed time. I'm starting to feel like I did in the early days. She doesnt even sleep down the bed but more across the pillows, irrelevent of who's head was happily resting there. Little git :)

No socceram anymore either, Rupert the bear is on :)

Noldi

Sep 5, 2010
Horsham
I remember them years up and about and a stroll down to the paper shop waiting for it to open on a Sunday (8 am) now they are just getting home after a night out.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
My daughter is 22 and she has just tapped me up for 20 quid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here