Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The joy's of parenthood ....

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
... my lad has been invited to a birthday party by one of his school mates; they also play in the same football side and I regularly have a beer and Curry with this lads dad.
So what's the problem?
The lads dad is Palarse season ticket holder and the party involves watching the palarse Leicester friendly :eek:
To make matters worse my wife insists that the present be something to do with palarse, because for my sons birthday the lads dad went to the Albion shop and brought my lad the Seagulls calendar, apparently he still hasn't recovered :lol:
Also I have sneaky feeling that he might ask me to go to help out with the dozen 8 year old's that are going:angry:

The only good thing to come out of this is that my lad is insisting that he will wear his Albion top to the game.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sit your lad down and quietly explain that Palace are the scum of the earth and that attending this party will not be held against him in the long-term.

I'd also advise against the Brighton top - he won't understand why people are hitting him repeatedly until you've explained who Ron Challis and Allan Mullery are.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
The only good thing to come out of this is that my lad is insisting that he will wear his Albion top to the game.

Your boy sounds like he's got some balls..! :ohmy:

Of course you should view this as a 'undercover' mission, and report back with microscopic detail about how turd Palace are going to be this year. :laugh:
:ascarf::albion2:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Your boy sounds like he's got some balls..! :ohmy:

Of course you should view this as a 'undercover' mission, and report back with microscopic detail about how turd Palace are going to be this year. :laugh:
:ascarf::albion2:

I suspect the Albion shirt will be scaled down to his Albion baseball cap, should go well with all the Man U tops that will be on show :laugh:

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
The problem is ... I'm going to have to buy Palarse merchandise ... with my money:angry:

Why don't you just obtain the merchandise in the spirit of Palarse and steal it? It will make the present even more special :jester:

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I think that the way out of it is to find another present which satisfies everybody. If you can show your missus that you've been demonstrably thoughtful in your choice of gift by buying him something else you know he'll like (he can't only be into Palace - nobody's that unfortunate, are they?) then you'll satisfy Mrs Deportivo and not insult the lad or his dad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here