Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The JAZZ thread

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Here's a couple more favourites. Both albums are so so good. I remember both records as a young lad (unheard) for the covers and label alone when I knew nothing but fortunately landed on my feet. Sweet.

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
OK, I'll be the philistine. I can't stand jazz, because they're clearly making it up as they go along.

There, I said it.

Check the link I posted to the last Jazz thread on here. You said the same then.

About as predictable as tonight's celebrations are :yawn:

Happy New Year :)

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Seen Chris Barber's band a few times as well as the DSCB if you like a bit of New Orleans.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Seen Chris Barber's band a few times as well as the DSCB if you like a bit of New Orleans.

get back to the blues threads boy !

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
Michelle Petrucciani if you like great jazz piano. A Frenchman who was born with deformities leaving him with a short stature and enormous hands. Quite extraordinary technique. My favourite of his CD's is Blue Note Years

Coxovi

NSC Patron
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
I need to mention Charlie Parker (Bird), was listening to that last night.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
We went down to the Swanage Jazz festival last not really a huge jazz fan but it was really good and not expensive worth a look

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Gregory Porter deserves a mention.

Last edited:

Nov 14, 2011
Hassocks
I was very much a Soul/Jazz & Jazz Funk man, and I still buy the occasional CD. My favourites at the moment are a young American collective called "Snarky Puppy". They have many hi end vids on you tube including this one "Thing of Gold" http://youtu.be/eZBlRkF0-to (sorry not enough posts yet to go direct, you'll have to paste)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here